𝟑𝟐. 𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐦𝐚𝐥 {𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞}

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
winter formal {part one}

YASMINE MCCALL

I pulled the dress out of the Macy's bag and my breath hitched. The white dress fell perfectly onto my bed, but, to my surprise, a necklace fell out of the bag as well. I lifted the dress and the necklace, and I couldn't believe that Peter had bought this for me. The white dress was gorgeous and felt light in my hands, but the necklace was pretty thick and shaped in a v-form, making it so dense, it felt like holding a sheet in my hands. I smiled to myself and laid the dress on my bed, then the necklace above.

Danny was picking me up in an hour and since I'd already taken a shower, I pulled the towel off my head and let my wet hair hang down my back as I shook my head slightly.

Scott had apparently threatened Jackson into taking Allison to the Formal as friends, while he was sneaking in, since he was on an academic probation, and as Stiles was going with Lydia, Danny and I had decided to go together. He'd probably go find a guy later on and he'd told me to do the same, to which I'd just grimaced.

I plugged in the hair dryer and blow-dried all of my dark hair, then plugged in my straightening iron. While my straightening iron was heating up, I walked out of my bedroom planning to go downstairs to the kitchen to get a snack. As I passed Scott's bedroom, I saw my mother sowing Scott's suit, a smile on her face.

I smiled at the sight of my mother and brother together, then rushed down to the kitchen and got myself a bottle of water, then ran back upstairs. I slammed the door behind me and flipped the lid to my laptop open, opening my music application.

With music blaring out of my laptop, I pulled the top half of my hair into a messy bun and began straightening the bottom part until it was smooth and pin-straight, then did the top part. After I'd done my hair, I left it down and just clipped it away so it wouldn't get in my way as I did my makeup.

I did my regular face makeup and just suddenly decided to do a really pretty eye look, so I did my eye makeup, applied a nude, matte lipstick and smiled at my own reflection.

Just minutes later, I slipped on my white dress, put on the necklace and stood in front of my floor-length mirror. My anklets were reflecting from my bedroom lights, and after I'd slipped on a pair of small earrings, a few rings on both my hands, a watch on my left wrist and a few bracelets on my right, I was ready.

As I walked over to my closet and tried to decide on some shoes, I glanced down at my silver watch and saw that the Formal started in just under twenty minutes. I grinned when I found the perfect pair of nude heels and slipped them on, then picked up my purse and swung it over my head, so that the strap was crossing down my chest and the small, white purse rested against my left hip.

"Yasmine, are you ready yet?" Melissa asked and knocked on the door.

"Um, almost. I'll be down in a sec," I replied and heard her walk towards the staircase.

I stuffed my phone, some money and a few other things into my purse before I rushed out of my bedroom and downstairs. Melissa stood waiting and the joy I saw on her face, when I finally made it down to her, made me happier than anything else.

Melissa seemed absolutely speechless. "You look absolutely stunning, baby." She squealed in excitement and pulled me into a hug.