𝟐𝟐. 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐮𝐩

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
cure for a breakup

YASMINE MCCALL

I trudged after Scott and Stiles. Stiles, feeling really best friend-y, had insisted on taking Scott and I somewhere and was currently making us walk through Preserve, Stiles walking gladly in the front.

"Where are we going?" I asked and grabbed ahold of Scott's arm, jumping over a puddle of dirty, muddy water and smiling gently as I let go.

"You'll see." Stiles answered casually, not even turning back.

Scott looked behind his shoulder, making me think he was making sure I was catching up with my shorter legs. "We really shouldn't be out here, my mom is in a constant state of freak-out from what happened at the school."

Our mom had been so scared when she found out what had happened, but not wanting to stress her out more, we basically lied about what happened -- well lied about most of it, in order not to reveal anything about an Alpha, werewolves and the fact that the Alpha basically, almost, killed Derek Hale who we'd blamed for the everything that the Alpha had done.

"Well, your mom isn't the Sheriff, okay?" Stiles exclaimed. "There's no comparison, trust me."

"Can you at least just tell me what we're doing out here?" I asked annoyed and corrected my leather jacket. "Because I was perfectly content just sitting home, eating my food and binge-watching Criminal Minds."

"Yes, when your best friend gets dumped-" Stiles started explaining, only to be cut off by Scott.

"I didn't get dumped!" Scott defended his relationship, sorry, past relationship. "We're taking a break."

Stiles rolled his eyes at me and I nodded, both of knowing that Scott had been dumped, but he just wouldn't accept it. "Alright, well, when your best friend gets told by his girlfriend that they're taking a break, you get your best friend drunk." Stiles smirked and lifted a bottle of Jack Daniels.

I glanced down at my shirt and up at the bottle. "Matching," I mumbled quietly before grabbing ahold of the bottle. "I've been through enough shit in the last few days, so I'm up for drinking." I stated and ran a hand through my messy hair. "But, only a little, since I'll probably be driving you two home."

Scott raised an eyebrow at me. "You're gonna drink and drive?"

"I'm gonna drink barely anything, because I haven't had Jack in a long time, and then I'm gonna drive you two home after getting wasted." I corrected my brother and sat down on the ground, making sure my pants wouldn't get dirty. "I'd never risk my own life on something so stupid after surviving a crazy Alpha."

^^^^

Barely any time had passed before Stiles had gotten drunk. I stuck to what I'd said before and barely even drank any, even though I felt like drinking most of it myself.

"Dude, sh-she's just one girl, y'know, out of so many. There's so many other girls in the sea." Stiles mumbled drunkly to Scott as he leaned back and placed his head on the stone Scott was sitting on.

Without even looking up from my phone, I corrected Stiles. "Fish in the sea."

"Fish? Why are you talking about fish?" Stiles questioned and stared me with a cute look on his face. "I'm talking about girls." He exhaled deeply. "I love girls. I love 'em, I love...especially ones with dark brown hair that has dark highlights, deep brown eyes, 5'4."

My eyes widened when Scott looked at me, because Stiles had just described me. I looked at my hair and cursed, trying to get out of this awkward situation. I liked Stiles and it warmed my heart that he'd said that, but he probably just said that because he was drunk and not because he actually like me back.