𝟐𝟓. 𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
another one

YASMINE MCCALL

When Scott and Stiles told me we had to go take care of something, the last thing I expected was to be in a car chase with Kate Argent; Allison's werewolf-hunting aunt.

Like I predicted, Derek had survived the night we'd been trapped in the school, but because of the lie Scott told, and Stiles and I backed up, Derek was now a wanted fugitive and was wanted by the Beacon County Sheriff's Department for several murders, and wanted by the Argents because they hunted werewolf and he just happened to be werewolf.

I slid to the side as Kate Argent chased us in her car.

"Faster?" Scott asked as he kept his eyes on the road.

Scott, Stiles and I were currently in a situation, that involved us driving Derek's black signature Camaro with Kate Argent chasing us, as she believed it was Derek in the car.

I looked behind me and saw Kate catching up to us. "Much faster." I replied and held onto the seats for my dear life, sliding around the backseat of Derek's car.

Scott was driving and Stiles was sitting in the passenger's seat, making sure we didn't hit someone and to make sure Kate didn't come too close; close enough to busting us. Derek was currently out, doing something and we were given the task to distract Kate since Chris Argent and the whole Sheriff's Department chased Derek.

I shut my eyes tightly and held onto the seat as Scott pressed his foot down on the gas pedal. Dying was not the plan for tonight, but considering how fast we were currently going, I was surprised that we were still on the road and not in some ditch, half dead.

"Hey Scott, I don't think you're grasping the concept of a car-chase here." Stiles remarked as he, like me, kept looking backwards at Kate, who was getting closer and closer.

"If I go faster, I'll kill us."

"Well, if you don't go faster, they're gonna kill us!"

Scott took Stiles' words of wisdom to him and went even faster, just making scaring me even more. We'd survived so much already involving a psycho Alpha, so I'd like not to die as a sixteen-year-old high school student.

"They're gone," I mumbled confused as  I looked out the back again and saw nobody was chasing us.

Stiles looked skeptically at Scott and I before he pressed on a button on the police radio he was holding, that he'd stolen from his father.

"All units, suspect is on foot headed into the ironwork," Sheriff Stilinski's muffled voice echoed through the radio.

I face-palmed myself. "Are you kidding me?"

Scott told us to hold on before he made a drastic u-turn and began cruising towards ironwork where Derek was last seen. We'd gotten Derek into this mess, for once, so it would only be fair if we helped him get away from the cops and the hunters.

Scott drove right into ironwork where Derek stood, looking up at someone. Stiles opened the door and yelled a 'get in' before he jumped into the backseat, next to me, and Derek jumped into the car. Chris Argent continued to shoot at us as Scott drove furiously out of the ironwork.

"What part of 'laying low' do you not understand?!" Scott spat angrily at Derek.

"Damn it, I had him!" Derek yelled frustrated and punched something in his own car.

Stiles pushed me to the side as he leaned forward and poked his head out to look at Derek. "Who, the Alpha?"

"Yes! He was right in front of me and the freaking police showed up!"