𝟏𝟗. 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 {𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐰𝐨}

CHAPTER NINETEEN
night school {part two}

YASMINE MCCALL

"This way." Scott said as we kept running, turning right by another row of lockers in the hallway.

Stiles and I followed, and the two boys ran in front of me as I struggled to keep up because of the booties I was wearing. Bubbles of hope began bubbling inside of me when I saw a pair of blue double door in front of us that could possibly lead out from the school, which would mean we'd get out of this hellhole before the Alpha killed all of us.

I cursed under my breath and stopped running when I saw Scott and Stiles pushing the doors, but the doors not opening. "What the hell?" I asked as I walked up to them and tried pushing as well, only to be pushed back a little.

Scott poked out his head through the gap between the two doors. "It's a dumpster."

"He pushed it in front of the door." Stiles concluded and began pushing to the door more vigorously as if that would help anything. "Come on! Help me!"

Scott and I shared a look and he nodded before he grabbed onto Stiles and pulled him away from the door. I sighed and began walking again, Scott and Stiles walking on each side of me.

"I'm not dying here! I'm not dying at school!" Stiles panicked as he held the turned off flashlight in his hands.

I glanced up at Stiles with a look. "We're not going to die." I told him, but I had to admit I was lying, because I was pretty sure that we were gonna die in this hellhole tonight.

Stiles tried to keep a straight face, but then suddenly, he began wavering around his hands and making faces like he typically would. "What does he want?!"

"Me!" Scott replied in a yell of his own, his eyes locked on his best friend who was walking on my left side, Scott on my right. "Derek says it's stronger with a pack."

"Oh, great. A psychotic werewolf who's into teamwork, that-that's beautiful." Stiles exclaimed sarcastically.

I arched an eyebrow confused when Scott put a hand in front of me, as to make me stop walking. Both Stiles and I looked the same direction Scott had been looking and that's when my breathing almost stopped completely; because sitting on top of a roof on the other side of the building was the Alpha. All three of us turned around and began running just as the Alpha came running towards us. It jumped in, broke the window and began running after the three of us. Scott held a tight grip on my hand to make sure I was with them and even though he ran just a tad faster than me, I was happy that he held my hand so I wouldn't be left behind for the douchebag Alpha to maul and maim. Scott pushed open two doors and we began running down a flight of stairs as Stiles, who was running just behind us, turned on the flashlight so we could actually see the steps. Scott pushed open another set for doors for us to run through and I pushed them even further open so that Stiles could make it as well.

We just kept running and that point, I didn't even know where we were in the school, because all I worried about was the Alpha. He wanted Scott in his pack and he'd made it pretty clear that he'd get rid of anyone and anything to make sure that Scott joined his pack, even if that means killing Stiles and I. We made it down to some place with old lockers and hid behind a row of old lockers, though the Alpha's heavy breathing and growling was crystal clear in our ears. For just a second, I closed my eyes and prayed to anything that would listen, anything that could make my wish come true.

Scott had peaked out and when he'd leaned back in again, the look on his face was not good at all. I raised an eyebrow at him and he shook his head, as to say that the Alpha knew where he were. He looked at Stiles and mumbled a 'go', so from there, again, we rushed off, trying not to get caught.