𝟏𝟎. 𝐬𝐢𝐜𝐤 𝐰𝐨𝐥𝐟𝐢𝐞?

CHAPTER TEN
sick wolfie?

YASMINE MCCALL

Stiles stood next to my locker and waited for me to put my things in my locker before I could leave school. Since Scott was going directly to Allison's place, Stiles was gonna drive me home. Some days I jumped onto Scott's bike and let him take me home again, but sometimes Stiles offered, like today.

"What do you think this all means?" I asked as Stiles and I began walking down the hallway, blending in with all the other students.

He shrugged. "I don't know. Derek is literally the only other werewolf we know about, so who else could be the Alpha? And how can we know that Derek's not secretly the Alpha, but by telling Scott that he's a beta and that there's an Alpha on the loose, he's actually drawing Scott to his side?"

I was confused for a second, but then it clicked in my head, and it made sense. If Derek convinced Scott that there was indeed an Alpha running around town who'd killed an innocent man, then Scott would want to stop this Alpha before he or she managed to kill even more people. But if he was the Alpha, then he could keep drawing Scott in until Scott joined his pack.

The two of us avoided bumping into other students as we descended the stairs and walked to his blue Jeep. I climed into the passenger seat while he climbed into the driver's seat, shooting me a look.

"What?" I asked and reapplied my lip balm again, feeling like my lips were a little dry.

Stiles shook his head and dismissed it as he started the car and backed up, making sure we wouldn't hit another car that was being driven by another student.

Stiles' eyebrows furrowed when he saw my hand reach for the radio. "Might as well listen to some music while we're driving." I stated and turned on the radio, letting the voice of Usher boom through the Jeep.

I let a shriek when Stiles stopped the car abruptly, almost making me slam my head into the car's glove department if he hadn't held an arm in front of me. "Oh my God," I mumbled when I looked up and saw a sick-looking Derek Hale standing in front of the Jeep, holding up his arm. "Stop honking at him!" I scolded Stiles who was continuously honking at Derek.

Suddenly, Derek fell to the ground. "You gotta be kidding me," Stiles complained annoyed. "This guy's everywhere."

An entire line of cars were behind us, filled with students who'd like to leave this hell-hole we call school.

"What the hell?" Scott asked Stiles as he ran past us and over to the fallen Derek Hale lying on the ground in front of the Jeep. Both Stiles and I jumped out and followed Scott to the ground.

Scott bent down. "What are you doing here?!" He asked.

"I was shot." Derek told us, looking extremely sick.

I winced. "It's not looking so good, Scott."

"Why aren't you healing?" My wolf brother asked his other wolf...'friend' as he raised his eyebrows.

Derek's wolf skills should've kicked in by now and healed the bullet wound, but instead, he looked like death.

"I can't," Derek panted, breathing heavily. "I-it was a different kind of bullet."

Stiles' eyes widened. "What, a silver bullet?!"

"No, you idiot." Derek retorted annoyed, still managing to be rude while being wounded.

"Wait, wait!" Scott interrupted. "That's what she meant when she said you had forty-eights hours."

My eyebrows furrowed as my brother spoke. "What? Who said forty-right hours? And how did you hear that?"