𝟑𝟔. 𝐞𝐩𝐢𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
epilogue

YASMINE MCCALL

I snuck into Lydia's hospital room and motioned for Scott and Stiles to follow me in. Scott snuck in and hid by the small table with me, after which Stiles snuck in and hid next to the door.

"Shut the door." Scott mumbled to Stiles, who grabbed ahold of the door's handle and began closing the door, only to have it squeak loudly. "Oh, God." He mumbled.

All three of us were grimacing and cringing as Stiles pushed the door gently. We were scared of getting caught sneaking into Lydia's room. Stiles finally managed to shut the door and after locking it, he fell to the floor only to see Scott and I staring at him.

"What?" He asked, but got no reply.

Scott, Stiles and I slowly stood up from the floor and made our way over to Lydia's bed where she was lying unconscious. She had small bruises up and down her arms, but that wasn't what we came to look at.

Scott nodded at me and we changed spots before I gently lifted the side of Lydia's hospital gown and found what I was looking for. Both Scott and Stiles looked away as I grabbed the side of the large plaster and pealed it off just a tad bit, so that I could get a clear view of what we came here to see.

My eyebrows furrowed when I saw that the bite hadn't healed. Peter had bitten Lydia on the night of the Winter formal, but the bite still hadn't healed, which meant she wasn't a werewolf.

"Is it completely healed?" Stiles asked while looking at the floor, not being able to stand the sight of blood.

"No, not at all." I shook my head, my eyes still locked on the bite.

Scott and Stiles both looked at me confused and looked down, seeing the large bite still on Lydia's side.

"I don't get it." Stiles said. "The doctors said she'd be fine."

Scott seemed puzzled himself. "Yeah, but the bite's not healing like it did with me or with Yasmine healed. Which means-"

"She's not a werewolf." I completed my brother's sentence.

"Then what the hell is she?" Stiles questioned us, and that same question haunted me.

Lydia had been bitten, and though she was healing, she wasn't healing as fast as Scott or I had, which meant she couldn't be a werewolf. But if Lydia wasn't a werewolf, then what the hell could she be?