𝟏𝟖. 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥 {𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞}

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
night school {part one}

YASMINE MCCALL

"Lock it! Lock it!" Scott screamed at Stiles as the two held the doors closed.

Stiles glared at my brother. "Do I look like I have a key?!"

"Grab something!"

"What?!"

"Anything!"

I had been sitting on the floor for a few seconds and said nothing, because I couldn't actually believe that Derek was dead. Yes, he was a dickhead most of the time and I'd never seen him smile, but maybe that had something to do with the fact that his entire family had died in a fire, his sister who hadn't died in the fire was killed here in Beacon Hills by the Alpha and his uncle, who actually made it out of the fire alive, was currently in a nursing home in a catatonic state.

I snapped out of thoughts and decided that I could silently mourn Derek's death after and focus on getting out of here alive instead. I saw Stiles get up and look out of the window, Scott getting up right after.

"No," Scott said.

"Yes," Stiles replied determined.

"Stiles, no! Don't!" I yelled as Stiles opened the door and carefully slipped out, closing the door behind him. I stood up and looked out of the window myself alongside Scott. Stiles looked around before he discreetly ran down the stairs and tried to grab the pair of cutters he'd brought with him.

My eyes drifted up and I saw the Alpha crawling out from behind Stiles' Jeep. "Run!" I yelled and banged on the window. Scott saw the Alpha as well and together we stood, yelling and banging on the door, worried about our best friend.

Stiles turned his head and spotted the Alpha that had begun running right towards him. He got up, ran up the stairs and managed to get back inside before the Alpha could get to him. He jammed the cutters over the door handles so it couldn't be opened.

"Please don't ever do that again." I whispered lowly as the three of us slowly stood up and tried to peak out of the window.

Scott looked around scared. "Where is it?" He asked when none of us spotted the Alpha.

Stiles grabbed the large flashlight from Scott's hand and began lighting it towards the parking lot as he looked for the Alpha. All three of us breathed heavily as we began backing away from the door.

"That won't hold, will it?" I questioned as I corrected my boot.

Stiles gazed at me with wide eyes. "Probably not."

We couldn't go outside because the Alpha was out there and he'd most likely kill us before we even made it down the stairs. I dreaded everything as I turned around and looked down the hallway of my school, that, by the way, looked hella creepy at night.

A loud howl echoed through the school and that was all the two boys needed before they grabbed an arm of mine each and began running down the hallway. I was forced into a random classroom and immediately the two boys went for the desk.

"Stop, stop!" Stiles said as they were about to push the desk in front of the door to keep the Alpha out. "The door's not gonna keep it out."

"I know."

I stood up from the desk I was sitting on and approached Scott. "It's your boss." I stated coldly and ran a hand through my messy wavy hair.

"What?" Scott asked me confused as he kept his grip on the desk.