𝟑𝟓. 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐨𝐚𝐝

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
end of the road

YASMINE MCCALL

Stiles and I had thought of the exact same person after the conversation we'd had with the Sheriff.

"We need to find Scott." Both of us had said at the same time and began marching down the hospital corridor.

Jackson had seen us and approached us immediately. "Hey, where are you going?" He asked and began walking alongside us.

"To find Scott." I answered, keeping my eyes on whatever was in front of me, not wanting to even look at Jackson right now.

"You don't have a car."

Stiles exhaled annoyed. "We're aware of that. Thank you." He replied and, like me, didn't even look at Jackson as he spoke.

"Here, I'll drive." Jackson said and grabbed onto Stiles' shoulder. "Come on-"

Stiles grabbed my hand causing me to halt, and turned to face Jackson, his hand still firmly gripping mine. "Look, just because you feel guilty all of a sudden doesn't make it okay, alright? Half of this is still your fault."

Butterflies were going crazy in my stomach because Stiles' hand was grasping mine. His hand was warm and even though it was a tad sweaty, I didn't mind at all.

"Look, I have a car. You don't." Jackson stated. "Do you want my help or not?"

Stiles and I looked to each other, having a silent conversation. I nodded and he turned to face Jackson, who'd been staring at us. "Alright. Did you bring the Porsche?" He questioned.

"Yeah," Jackson replied and pulled the keys out of his pocket.

I grabbed the keys with a smirk on my face. "Great. Stiles can drive, then." I stated and turned around, only to bump into someone. I glanced up and my eyes widened when I saw that I'd bumped into Chris Argent, Allison's father, and that behind him stood two men.

"Yasmine. Boys." Chris greeted with a nod as I backed away. "I was wondering if you can tell me where Scott McCall is."

"Scott McCall?" Stiles repeated my brother's name. "Um, haven't seen him since the dance. Jackson, you?" He questioned Jackson, waiting for the lacrosse captain to back up his statement.

I looked to Jackson, who froze completely. He couldn't get a word out besides 'I' and while shaking his head, he kept looking at either Stiles or I, making it obvious that he knew something or that we knew something.

"Oh, for the love of God." I mumbled under my breath.

^^^^

One of Argent's little friends threw Jackson and Stiles into the morgue while I was escorted in by the other one.

Chris reached up and locked the doors to the Morgue. "Let's try this again. Where is Scott McCall?" He questioned, his hunter friend throwing me over to Jackson and Stiles.

Both boys rushed forward to grab me before I fell to the floor and as both of them grabbed onto me, one of Argent's hunters stepped forward, his eyes narrowed. The three of us stood by a gurney and looked up at Chris Argent, who looked dead serious.