IX

IX.

********

Stanley and Larissa sat down to the table next to where Zoey and Travis sat before. A staff placed a cup of cappuccino for Larissa before she left the couple.

'I was nearby lang so I decided na dumaan.' Sabi ni Larissa habang nilalagyan ng asukal ang kanyang kape. She stirred it once, twice and for the last time before she lifts up the cup to sip. 'Gwapo yung boyfriend ni Zoey ha. He looks a bit like Alex Pettyfer.'

He looked away.

'Pero syempre mas gwapo ka. Ikaw naman, tampo ka agad o.' Larissa touches his hand which was on top of the table. He withdraws from it.

Nabigla si Larissa sa ginawa ng kasintahan.

'May sasabihin sana ako sa'yo Larissa.' At hinagap nya ang kamay ng dalaga. Napatingin sya sa singsing na suot nito.

He gulps. Wala syang ideya kung paano nya sisimulan.

'Ano yun? I'm willing to listen.'

'I'm sorry.' He apologizes. 'Something happened. I...'

Nanatiling nakatingin si Larissa, hinihintay ang kumpletong sasabihin ng nobyo.

'I strayed. I had.. I had a one night stand with someone.' He finally breathes out. 'Hindi ko sinasabi ito sa'yo para hiwalayan mo ako o ano, or dahil gusto kong i-call out ang engagement natin. I just wanted to be honest. I have been so unfair to you.' Tuloy tuloy na sabi ni Stanley nang hindi man lamang sinusulyapan ang babaeng kaharap nya.

'Who's the girl?' Nagpipilit magpakatatag ni Larissa sa nalaman.

'I don't know.' Iling ni Stanley?

'Magaling ba sya?' Tanong muli ni Larissa.

He looked at her. And he was surprised that she's being very resilient.

'I wasn't paying attention. It was drunk sex.' Pagsisinungaling nya.

'Wow. Hindi ko alam kung anong sasabihin ko.' Larissa shakes her head. 'And this happened just after we got engaged?'

Tumango ito.

'Was I that bad in bed that you have to find other girls?' Larissa asks Stanley hurtfully.

'No. You're wonderful. And I didn't mean for it to happen Larissa. I know I've been stupid. That was stupid of me. And I'm very sorry.'

Binawi ni Larissa ang kamay mula sa kasintahan saka sya tumayo.

'I'll just think. This is.. I can't believe this is happening.'

'Larissa.' At tumayo na rin si Stanley.

'This is disappointing.' And finally, a tear rolls down Larissa's cheek. 'Now I can't help but wonder if there's something that I did or didn't.'

'I'm so sorry.'

'Mahal mo pa ba ako?'

'Of course. Of course, I love you. And I, that was very stupid of me.'

Larissa nods. She takes her bag from the empty seat beside hers and swung it on her shoulder.

'Larissa?' Stanley calls as his girlfriend begins to walk away.

'Just. Let me think. I can't think rationally whenever your face is in front of me.' And she leaves.

********

He walks through the corridors of 12th floor that evening. Hindi nya alam kung natanggalan na ba sya ng tinik sa lalamunan o mas lalo lang nitong pinabigat ang kanyang pakiramdam.