XLII

XLII.

************

Zoey sat inside the cab as she scrolls through the screen of her mobile phone, reading her emails. There were emails from clients, suppliers, event reminders, subscription from fashion magazines, notifications for her social media accounts and other personal stuff. But there was one particular email which caught her attention. With the subject 'For My Darling,' from Travis' personal email address, Zoey opened it with a very heavy heart.

'Darling...'

Hindi pa man nasisimulan ni Zoey ang pagbabasa ng unang pangungusap ay agad nang nag-unahan ang mga luha sa kanyang mga mata.

'You must be reading this now that I'm gone.' It started. 'I am very sorry that this is happening to you. That everything happened to you. But Zoey, my darling, my everything, I am just so in love with you. I have been so in love that it pushed me to do things that are already unimaginable. I am very sorry that I had subjected you to those pain. I just can't imagine you being happy with another guy because it should only be me that is making you happy. I am very sorry that I made you suffer. That I made both of you suffer. I love you, you are very much aware of that. You gave my life a new meaning. You were the light in my darkest days. And I don't want him have you as his light. I was selfish, I know. And I'm sorry. I am very sorry for hurting you. I love you. And this love has turned a part in me into something that I can't believe I'm capable to do. So I have to kill this part. And to kill this part is to kill the whole. Honey, I'm now setting you free. I'm now letting you be his sunshine. I hope you'll set yourself free too. I love you, please always remember. I may have hurt you, but please don't forget that I will always love you.'

Zoey has to wipe the nonstop tears from her eyes as she finished reading everything. While the cab make its way to the airport, she began contemplating if she'll delete the email or not.

'Set yourself free too.' She remembers.

A very mundane thought that the idea came from Travis whom she felt she had become a prisoner for a long time. Zoey continued looking outside the window of the cab, the tall buildings passing by her sight.

*********

'What do you think?' Tanong ni Larissa sa mga kaibigan matapos lumabas sa fitting room ng boutique ni Romoff.

'Hmm..' Sam thinks, not sure of what to say.

'Parang too plain for a church wedding.' Sheena finally voiced out what Sam wanted to say.

'Hindi pa naman ito yung final look.' Larissa defended the dress, spinning in front of a mirror.

'Lalagyan pa naman po yan ng mga beads at lace.' Sabi ng staff ng boutique na nag-aassist sa kanya.

'See?' She took on final half spin and beamed. 'Tsaka eto talaga yung design na gusto ko. Yung kaya ko pa ring gumalaw freely.'

'So kahit anong opinion namin, you won't take it kasi nga, yan naman talaga ang gusto mo.' Sheena sipped on her iced tea, flipping through her magazine. 'Ang ganda pala netong wedding coordinator mo no?' She said, spotting a written article for Zoey on the magazine.

'Tingin.' Sam snatched the magazine from Sheena. 'Oo, maganda sya talaga friend.' She agreed. 'Alam mo bang nag-away kami dati ni hubby dahil nahuli kong chine-check out nya si Zoey dati?'

'Talaga?' Halakhak ni Sheena. 'Baka naman nagpakita ng motibo si tegurl.'

'I don't think so. She was with her boyfriend non e. Siguro malakas lang kasi talaga ang dating nya.'

'Ikaw ba Lari, nahuli mo na ba si Stanley na minamanyak ng tingin etong wedding coordinator mo?' Sheena had to ask Larissa.

'Hm? Hindi. Eto na naman ba tayo? Remember, pinaghinalaan natin si Zoey at saka yung Papa ko? Buti hindi ko inaway si Papa, napahiya sana ako. At saka tantanan na natin si Miss Zoey. She's grieving.'