X

X.

********

'I watch her stir from her sleep. Her cheeks flushed maybe because of the immense amount of alcohol now circulating around her veins. She was murmuring something. Inilapit ko ang mukha ko para marinig iyon ng maigi.

'Lee, I'm sorry.'

I felt my heart twitch with what she said. I held her hand and kissed it.

'I'm very sorry too, Larissa.' And I kissed it again before I caressed her cheek.

Nasa condo ako noon, pinipilit lunurin ang sarili sa ingay na dala ng full blast speaker kesa naman marinig ang ingay na hatid ng aking kapitbahay. Masakit pala talaga ang umasa. Bakit nga ba kasi bigla kong naisip na baka pwede kami?

Dala ba ng init ng katawan? Na yung ganang akin ay talaga namang naeexcite tuwing malapit sya. Na kaya kong kalimutan lahat ng pinagsamahan namin ni Larissa para lamang maramdaman muli ang init na dala ng aming pag-iisa.

Dahil ba sa mga ngiti nya? Na sa tuwing ginagawa nya, at kahit hindi naman ako ang sadyang nginingitian nya ay pakiramdam ko, ako ang dahilan ng masasarap na ngiting iyon?

Or was it her eyes? Those intense doe peepers which when I saw for the very first time was that of a dark night sky. Mysterious, full of secrets, the one I wanted to swim about and drown. And then the very next second, it was a pool of rainbows and butterflies. Those that are consist of your childhood dreams.

I was there, plopped carelessly on the couch, when I heard my phone ringing. Apparently, it was Larissa's girlfriends. They were in a bar as Larissa drowned herself with alcohol. She's not a drinker, I'm very much aware and sure of it. So when I realized what kind of problem this will bring to her mama and papa, I decided to take her back here in my condo and keep her until morning. We have to sort this out.

Tiningnan ko ang singsing sa kamay nya. Suot nya pa rin iyon kahit nasaktan ko sya. Siguro nga kailangan nya munang mag-isip. Kung iyon ang hihingin nya, ibibigay ko. Kung anumang gustuhin nya, papayag ako. Binitawan ko ang kamay nya saka tumayo. Ngunit bago pa man ako makalayo, naramdaman ko ang malumanay na paghila nya sa akin.

'Babe..' She faintly called.

'Hm?' Lumapit muli ako sa kanya saka yumuko.

'I'm sorry.' She said again. 'I won't do this again.'

I smiled weakly. It's like my heart is being ripped to shards.

'I'm sorry.' Yun lang ang tanging nasambit ko bago ko sya niyakap. 'Please forgive me.'

********

The room was hot and humid. She arched her back to him, providing him easy access to her body. He bends his head to the jut in between her breasts, lick his way down, his mouth finally settling on her wet and slick sex.

'Hm.' She moans as she thread her fingers into his hair, pushing. 'Moree..' It was a raspy kind of breath that she let out as his tongue tasted her.

She put a hand on one of her peaks and pulled at her nipple as he other hand comfortably nested on his head.

'Cum for me honey.' He whispers to her ear as he enters one digit.

'Yes.' She answers, offering more of her to him. 'Yes!' He tone heightens up as he pushes and retreats. 'So good. Hm...'

'Scream my name.'

'Yes!'

'Scream my name!'

'Yes!'

'Just. Fuckin'. Scream my name!'

'STANLEY!'

Zoey opens her eyes to the dark. Panting, she clutch that satin blanket on her now exposed chest from her nightshirt. She sat up from her bed and tried to calm her racing breath.

'Fuck it.' She curses as she realized what had just happened.

********

Stanley walks back to his unit that very next morning after hailing a can for Larissa. Originally, he offered to take her home but she said no. He was surprised upon seeing the door of Zoey's unit completely open, 3 huge luggage bags being hauled outside by Travis. Both of the guys stopped in their tracks upon seeing each other.

'Oh, the guy from the coffee shop.' Bati ni Travis. 'Also, Zoey's client.'

Ngumiti si Stanley habang palihim na hinahanap ang kapitbahay.

'You need help?' He offered, hoping he can spy more.

'No, we're okay.' Travis shakes his head. 'Honey, are these everything?'

Rinig ni Stanley na sabi ni Travis.

'Yeah. That's it.'

Hearing her voice was like music to DJ's ears that he had to literally shake his head. He tried to peep inside, craning his neck like that of a giraffe. Finally, she tiptoes her way out.

Zoey was wearing her highlighted brown hair into a messy bun, oversized shirt without any bra, ripped shorts and bare feet.

'Hi.' She greeted him before she turned to Travis again.

'Aalis ka?' tanong ng kanyang kapitbahay.

Zoey has to nod.

'I'll just take this down to the car then come back later for others, ok?' Sabi sa kanya ni Travis.

Muling tumango ito.

'Medyo inconvenient na para sa akin tumira dito mag-isa.' She began to explain once Travis was out of their earshot. 'E, inoffer ni Travis yung place niya sa Makati. Mas malapit sa office kesa dito.' She added as Stanley looked away because her poking nipples on that thin fabric was too much sensory overload for him.

Tumango lamang ito.

'So, ibebenta mo na 'to?' He asked again.

'Hindi naman. Kaa-acquire ko pa lang din naman nito. Para namang ewan kung bibitawan ko namang agad diba? Siguro kapag bumalik na si Travis sa US by next year, baka bumalik din ako dito. Ewan.' She shrugs her shoulders. 'Oo nga pala, I scheduled a meeting with you and Larissa today diba?'

Tumangong muli si Stanley.

'Sorry, yung assistant ko muna yung paharapin ko sa inyo mamaya. Si Jaimie.' She apologizes. 'Mukhang magiging busy kami buong araw paglilipat e.' She explains.

'Ok lang.' It was Stanley who shrugged his shoulders this time before throwing a quick glance on Zoey again. 'Baka i-cancel na lang din muna namin yung meeting.'

She looks at him, her eyes asking.

'Larissa isn't feeling well. Hindi naman ako pwedeng pumunta dun mag-isa kasi wala naman akong alam sa..'

'I understand.' Zoey smiles. 'Basta if ever may changes, pakisabihan na lang ako. I gave Larissa my business card anyways. You can always reach me via those digits.'

Stanley nods and smiles.

'Balik na ko don.' Sabi niya habang itinuturo ang pinto ng kanyang unit. 'I might've been keeping you for so long already.'

She smiles again.

'Ako rin.' She says before Stanley walks away, with her closing the door after.

*******