XXV

XXV.

DISCLAIMER: This chapter contains a very sensitive issue.

**********

'You have something to do today?' Zoey murmured as she lay her head on Stanley's chest. Madilim pa rin sa labas kahit mag-aalas siyete na ng umaga bunsod ng walang tigil na pag-ulan mula pa kahapon.

'The usual. Work. Punta sa mga branches ng kapehan, see if there are problems.'

'Let's schedule our meeting by Monday next week? I have to get in touch with Larissa para sa measurements ng parents nya at ng bridesmaid.'

He turned to look at Zoey, his feet brushing with her toes.

'Are we really keeping this up?' Tanong niya. 'Can I just call the wedding off para nam---'

'No.' Iling ni Zoey. 'Don't call the wedding off.'

'Kung hindi ko 'to tatapusin, you know very well that we will never be together in the end.'

'We are together now.' At yumakap si Zoey sa bewang ni Stanley. 'We can do anything we want.'

'Hindi anything.' Iling ni Stanley. Halatang may inis sa boses nito. 'Gusto kitang i-date sa labas. Gusto kong maglakad sa mall na magka-holding hands tayo. Gusto kong mag-make out tayo na hindi pinapansin ang ibang taong nakapaligid sa atin.'

'Don't you think mas iju-judge ka ng mga tao if you call the wedding off then suddenly, makikita ka nila getting hot and heavy with a new girl? E di mas sasabihin nila, I was the reason. C'mon Stanley, enjoy muna natin 'tong ganito. Hintayin natin yung right time.'

'Zoey, I'm getting married in 6 months. The longer I think about it, the more I feel guilty. Habang dumadaan ang araw, unti-unting nawawala yung nararamdaman ko pa---'

'Then go. Hala sige, makipag-break ka kay Larissa. And once you do, you will never see me again. Your choice.'

'Zoey naman...' Hinagod ni Stanley ang likod ng kanyang kaniig kagabi at kaninang madaling araw. 'I thought you're guilty too?'

'The guilt could never equate with the feeling that I have for you.'

'Hindi ko talaga maintindihan.'

'You don't have to. You don't need to understand.' She whispered to him before taking his earlobe in between her teeth, her hand now creeping down his member under the sheets. 'Do you still feel guilty?' She asked, playing with his length.

He closed his eyes and just felt everything, her touch, her mouth on his neck, her peaks getting hard as they brush on his arm.

'Get in me. Make love to me. Claim me. Make me crazy..' She whispered to him huskily.

And he did.

**********

'May baon na naman.' Jaimie exclaimed as he watches Zoey unload her lunch from her lunchbag. 'Ano ba talagang nadagit mo, jowa o kusinero?'

She smiled smugly, shrugging her shoulders as she showed Jaimie what Stanley prepared for her.

'Ang saraaap.' She said while taking the lid off the microwavable container.

'Ang sosyal.' Hirit naman ni Jaimie. 'Puro gulay.'

'Salad pasta Jaimie.'

'Puro gulay pa rin.' Tila naiinis na sabi nito habang hinahalo ang spaghetti na binili nya mula sa isang fastfood na katabi ng opisina nila. 'Mas masarap 'to. Meaty, saucy, and ma-hotdog.' Pagpapaalala nya sa sarili.