•Eleven•

Liam had his foot up against the wall as he leaned back taking in a puff of smoke filling his lungs before releasing it blowing out a perfect 'o'.

"Liam Payne!" Liam turned his head seeing the vice principal.

"Yeah?" He asked tossing the bud on to the floor stepping on it.

"I've told you a thousand times, no smoking on the field." She sternly told him raising a wrinkled finger up at him. Liam looked her over. Her hair was in a messy bun and her glasses were slightly falling off of her face.

"I'm sorry Ms. Robinson. I just need a moment, c'mon love you know I'm a good kid." Liam charmed her making her fix herself.

"Oh. Well of course. Okay well run along now, class is about to begin." Liam gave her a smile before walking in front of her towards the door he used to get to the field. Liam took off his jacket making his way over to the janitors closet. He stuffed it back into a drawer ridding the smoke scent off of him. He took some cologne and spritz some over his uniform before leaving the room heading towards his next class.

"Payne." Liam gave his history teacher a nod before going into his section sitting down in his seat besides one of his best friends Andy.

"Where were you?" Andy asked Liam looking up from his notebook.

"Field." Liam told him shrugging before opening his textbook to the page that was on the board.

"You should stop. But I can't control your life, just don't do anything you'll regret." Andy sighed putting his focus on the teacher.

"Ya ya, I think it's too late." Liam mumbled before pulling out his phone, texting away.

~

Niall skipped happily like the little leprechaun that he is to the bathroom. He was singing to an old Irish drinking song of Yore.

"Oooooh I wanna stay up all night and jump around until we see the sun." Niall started doing the Irish dance as he continued.

"Hold on to the feeling and don't let it go." He took a breath as he stopped looking into the mirror.

"I want to stay up all night and do it all with you." Niall laughed at himself before fixing up his hair.

“Man, I have to piss.” He grumbled before going into a stall standing above the urinal, unzipping his pants.

“Aahh.” He sighed in relief before zipping his pants back up flushing it. His hand went on the door going to exit before two guys walked in.

“Yo did you hear about Malik?” One asked. Niall’s ears perked up and he looked through the small peak of the stall watching them talk.

“Oh yeah. Heard he got killed by a gunshot.” The other said washing his hands.

“5 bucks it was that blonde kid.” Niall gasped.

“Oh you're on.” Niall opened the stall door eyeing the two boys as they just stood there looking at shock.

“Do you think he heard us?” The brown lad whispered to the other.

“Of course I did you assholes.” Niall cursed. He noticed his face was starting to get red and he left the bathroom heading back to his class.

“Why me?” Niall asked himself letting his fingers thread through his hair.

“It’s cuz’ I’m Irish isn’t it?” He told himself before putting his books as away as the final bell of school rang. He walked through the hall carrying his crossover.

“Hey Ni.” He looked over at his friend Josh.

“Josh can I ask you something?” Niall asked Josh.

“Of course buddy.” Josh smiled down at his little ball of happiness that he calls his friend.

“Do you think I’m a bad person?” Niall asked looking up at Josh.

“What? You? My little Irish Nialler?” Niall dipped his head down as they both started to walk down the street.

“Of course not. You, Niall Horan, are the most happiest person I’ve ever known. You are not a bad person, why would you even think that?” Josh asked Niall as they started coming up on his block.

“I don’t know, I’ve just been thinking. I’ll call you later or something. Bye.” Niall waved bye to Josh as Josh parted heading into his house. Niall whistled to himself as he walked down the streets. His blue eyes looked around the place seeing a couple smokers perched against the wall and a few homeless guys sitting over vents, that blew up warm air from the subways that ran below.

“Niall!” Niall turned his head seeing someone run up to him slowing down by his side.

“Yeah?” He asked looking over at Liam.

“Nothing, just saw you and wanted to catch up with you.” Liam shrugged. Niall watched Liam’s broad shoulders move under the straps of his book bag.

“How’d you get so buff, Li?” He asked looking up at him as he held on to the handle of his bag.

“Football.” Liam said. Liam put his hand around Niall’s arm squeezing it for a second.

“You should join.” Niall shook his head fixing the fake glasses on his face that  he wore sometimes.

“Nah, not for me. I don’t work out.” Niall told him. They walked together for a while until Niall’s stop came.

“Coming later, right?” Niall asked as he stood at the top of his stairs.

“Uh, maybe, I don’t know yet.” Liam said waving at Niall before leaving down the street. Niall opened his door heading inside.

“Baby! You're home!” Niall got crushed by the arms of his girlfriend, he smiled before picking her up spinning her around.

“Hi Jade.”