•Sixteen•

Sorry for the loooooong wait!! Here's the new chapter!! Go on read! :D

___________________

Anne was up at the crack of dawn cleaning up around the house just because she knew there was going to be a visit from Harry's nurse; Akshaya. This was a typical motherly thing to do, to clean and take care of the household. She blew out a puff of air, wiping her forehead and she swept and mopped all the dirt that had been on the floor. Anne tried her best to clean quietly knowing that Kaylor is sound asleep upstairs, she looked up the stairs and smiled softly.

"Ah, my little princess." She whispered before starting to wipe down the windows with windex. Anne hummed to herself a small Disney tune.

"Just whistle while you work." She sang softly before whistling like they did in the film.

"Mum?" Anne turned around at the small voice and looked down at her daughter.

"Yes Kaylor?" She watching her daughter rub her tired eyes.

"Can I go out with Niall today?" Kaylor asked moving a couple pieces of her wild curls to the side. Anne thought about it then shrugged her shoulders.

"I don't see why not." Anne smiled down at Kaylor making her daughter smile back then give her a hug.

"Thanks mummy!" Kaylor let go of her mother before heading upstairs to brush her teeth. Anne finished up her cleaning before heading upstairs to gather up the laundry. She headed to Harry's room grabbing his others from the bin. As she was picking up the basket she accidentally bumped into Harry's dresser knocking over an item that was sitting on top. Anne scrunched up her face as she heard it shatter.

"Oh butterballs." She muttered under her breath. She set the basket down before going down to the floor looking at the broken item. She rummaged through the broken shards and found two pieces of folded paper. Anne carefully unfolded them looking over the typed letters.

"Signed P." Anne whispered.

"Who is P?" She asked herself. She looked at both of the pieces of paper, she placed them both on the side of her and started picking up the shards. Her fingers felt every piece of glass as she carefully picked it up until she found something that didn't feel like glass. She raised the small thing up to her face examining it. Her eyes widened as she realized it was a bullet.

"How did this end up in my son's room?" She asked herself looking over the piece of evidence. She thought to herself trying to think about it how it could have ended up in here.

"I know." Anne said to herself as she remembered when Harry first came home he was staring down at the bullet hole.

"He must have picked it up." Anne stood up placing the pieces of paper into of the dresser and throwing the shards in the trash. She placed the bullet into her sweater pocket and grabbed the laundry basket and moved on to the next room.

"Mum!" Anne was snapped out of her trance as she heard Kaylor yell for her. She leaned over the banister looking at her.

"What is it?"

"Harry's nurse is here." Kaylor said looking to her mom then behind her shoulder towards the young lady who stood at the door.

"Let her in then, I'll be down in a moment." Anne quickly finished what she was doing and took the hidden set of stairs to the basement.

"She said she'll be down shortly." Kaylor told Akshaya letting her take a seat on to the couch.

"May I take your jacket for you?" She asked watching Akshaya nod and hand her, her jacket. Kaylor's tiny hands took the jacket and hung it on the coat rack. Kaylor took a seat on the floor pulling out her sketch book from under the coffee table.

"What are you doing there little one?" Akshaya asked leaning over to view the artwork that Harry's little sister was creating.

"It's a present." Kaylor said softly as she outlined a hair that was on top of the person she was drawing's hair.

"Is it for Harry?" Akshaya asked getting down on the floor with the fifth teen year old.

"Yes, his christmas present." Kaylor smiled softly as she perfected Harry's cheek bones.

"They're so lovely, who taught you how to draw with so much detail?" The nurse asked curious as she looked over the drawing that held detail in every stroke.

"Zayn." The little girl peeped sitting up looking over her artwork.

"Zayn's an artist?" Kaylor nodded, carefully flipping over a couple of pages showing her a drawing of herself.

"Zayn drew this, a couple weeks ago." Akshaya's fingers trailed lightly over the creativity that had been produced by the raven haired boy.

"Wow, this is, just wow." Akshaya was marveled by the work. Kaylor smiled down at it.

"Yes. He inspired me to draw." Kaylor smiled down to herself at the small memory.

"Sorry, sorry." Harry's mother said as she entered the room; acknowledging her prescense.

"Oh no worry." Akshaya said with a smile on her rosy face. Anne shook her hand and sat down besides her.

"Oh where are my manners? Would you like some tea?" Anne asked standing up again.

"Sure." Anne nodded making her way to the kitchen to put a kettle to boil.

"Is Harry even here?" Akshaya asked Kaylor watching her shade.

"Nope, he left last night to a sleepover." Kaylor said looking up at her then back down at the drawing.

"Oh, well we can just reschedule this?" Akshaya looked towards Anne who stood in the doorway of the kitchen.

"Oh nonsense, he should be walking through that door any moment now. He promised he'd be here, and Harry doesn't break his promises." Anne smiled before going back to the stove.

"Alright then." Akshaya nodded relaxing into the sofa.

"At least I hope not." Anne whispered to herself pouring the hot water into cups.

"Kaylor, right?" Akshaya asked. Kaylor nodded sitting up, looking over the art.

"That's a very pretty name."

"Thank you." Harry's little sister said as she lightly blew on the work getting rid of the eraser shavings.

"So tell me, what do you like to do?" Kaylor shrugged.

"I like listening to music." She said looking up at the older lady. Akshaya smiled moving a bit closer to the little girl.

"What's your favorite singer?"

"I like the band Little Mix." Kaylor smiled remembering what Zayn told her the other day.

"Lovely choice."

"Tea is ready." Anne said as she carried a tray of pastries and tea to the living room.

"Smells delightful." Akshaya said as she carefully took her cup; blowing it, then drinking it.

"Do you know what time Harry would be coming?" She asked as she took a small pasterie and dipped it into the tea taking a bite out of it. Anne looked down at her phone and shook her head.

"No, sorry, let me call him." Anne stood up only getting stopped by Kaylor.

"It's alright Mumma, I'll do it." Kaylor went to the kitchen grabbing the house phone; dialing Harry's number.