•Twelve•

Kaylor cleaned up as she heard someone coming towards the front door. She hid her sketchbook underneath the couch and pulled out a boring thick novel placing it open on her lap acting as if she was reading it. Harry jiggled his keys in the bottom lock before opening the door taking a glance at his sister. He furrowed his eyebrows at her, he didn't understand why she was reading such a dull book on the floor on a day off of school. He shook his head taking his jacket off hanging it on the hook before kicking his shoes off.

"How was school?" She asked looking over at him.

"Er, okay. Mum home?" Kaylor shook her head and moved her eyes back on to the book.

"Why are you reading on a day like this? You should be doing something fun, like playing outside with kids your own age." Harry told her ruffling some curls. Kaylor just shrugged keeping her eyes onto the book just long enough to convince her brother.

"Okay." Harry walked away to the kitchen looking into the fridge like any other hungry teenager. Kaylor peeked her head around the couch before grabbing her book and utensils running up the stairs to her bedroom. Harry listened to her footsteps head up the stairs. Harry scanned over the items before pulling out a couple peppers and some ingredients.

"Might as well make them some dinner before I head over." Harry chopped the peppers open on the cutting board and mashed up the pepper’s filling in a bowl. Harry cell phone rang loudly on the counter making the marimba tone boom. He quickly wiped his hand on a towel answering the phone placing it on his shoulder holding it with the side of his face.

"Hello?" He answered going back to preparing the filling.

"Ello my lovely." His mother greeted him.

"What's up?" Harry asked grinding a few spices into the mixture for flavor.

"Remember Nurse Akshaya?" Harry let out a small ‘mmhm’ over the phone.

"She's coming over tomorrow to check on you, make sure your doing alright. That’s okay right?” Anne asked her son as she leaned back against the counter of the diner that she worked at.

“Umm, I don’t know.” Harry chewed on his bottom lip as he stopped preparing the meal.

“And why is that?” She asked as she slightly began to tap her fingers on to the counter.

“Niall invited me over to a sleepover.” Her son said taking Anne back by surprise.

“Oh.” Anne finally said turning her head to see one of the most visited customers start to finish off his meal.

“Yeah, but I’ll come back before she gets here, I promise.” Harry promised his mother making her smile.

“I know you will honey. I’ll be out soon just tell your sister to make a microwaved meal or something.” She said moving a strand of black hair from her face pulling it back tucking it behind her ear.

“No need for that, I’m cooking.” Harry stopped her ushering her not to worry.

“Oh really? Even before you're leaving?” Anne asked not being able to shake off the small smile she had from hearing her son doing good deeds.

“Yeah, why not?” Harry let out a small chuckle before switching his phone to the other ear moving some curls that decided to be unruly.

“Okay dear, I have to go.” Anne said. Harry nodded as if she could see him.

“Alright mum.”

“I love you Harry, bye.” His mother cooed this time putting the smile on Harry’s face at her motherly ways.