•Twenty Three•

Author’s Note/Warning: You might cry. Or hate me.. Maybe even both, Sorry.

Liam was freaking out on the inside. He had left his house realizing that tomorrow was Zayn’s birthday. He couldn’t take it anymore. He ran his fingers through his hair and took steps towards the railing. He glanced at his watch 11:40 pm. Liam was standing on top of the railing looking down at the currents.

“Liam!” He turned his head slightly seeing Harry running towards him.

“Liam! What are you doing!” Liam put his foot over the edge ready to jump before feeling a tug on his jacket pulling him back.

“What the fuck Harry!” Liam was on the ground and Harry was breathing hard.

“What the fuck towards me? What the fuck were you doing!”

“It’s pretty obvious.” He stood up and looked at his watch 11:47.

“I can’t take this anymore.” Liam leaned on the metal beam looking over.

“Why can’t you just talk to me? I thought we were best friends.” Harry said softly.

“Best friends? Hah. Best friends don’t steal boyfriends!” Liam cackled in the moonlight.

“What?”

“You heard me! You took him from me. And now I took him from you. He was mine!” Liam shoved Harry onto the floor.

“You mean?” Harry whispered.

“Yes! You nitwit. I fucking killed Zayn.” Liam spat looking up at the sky.

“But why?” Harry stood back up crossing his arms.

“It was merely an accident.” Liam whispered looking at his feet.

“I don’t see how killing someone was a fucking accident. Let alone Zayn who didn’t fucking deserve it!” Harry yelled lunging at Liam.

“Shut up!” Liam grabbed Harry pushing him against the metal beam.

“You want me to talk? Let me fucking talk!” Harry shut his mouth and Liam let him go.

“See, I borrowed Josh’s car that day and took my father’s gun with me. I drove to your house and I waited at the corner for you to come out. Once the door opened I drove down but Zayn came out first and I froze but then I saw you and I knew what I was doing. I shot at you but fucking Zayn jumped in front of it! He wasn’t suppose to die!” Liam started hitting his head on the railing.

“You. Were. Suppose. To. Die. Not. My. Baby.” Every word was a blow to the head. Harry grabbed him and pulled him away.

“Wait. The police said the car was never found and I found the gun under Niall’s bed.” Harry was still holding Liam and he felt disgusted. How could one of his own very best friends do this?

“You truly are an idiot. It’s called getting rid of evidence. I had to make it look like it was Niall. Who do you think was P?!” Liam got out of his hold.

“You were P?” Harry felt incredibly stupid for not noticing this.

“My last name is Payne, isn’t it?” Liam rolled his eyes.

“Zayn was wrong.” Harry whispered to himself.

“My baby thought it was Niall.” Liam heard him called Zayn his baby and he snapped.

“I fucking hate you!” Liam started choking Harry and he pushed back onto the beam.

“S-stop.” Harry pleaded feeling his need for air growing fast. Liam let go of his neck letting him get back a second of air before punching him in his jaw. Liam pushed Harry’s limp body over the railing and into the water. He smiled as he watched his body go under.

“Now he’s all mine.” Liam whispered wiping away some of the blood on his forehead. He looked down at his watch, 12:00 am.

"Happy birthday baby."

*

"He's not answering his phone." Niall said after the 5th time he had tried to call Harry.

“Same here.” Kaylor whispered. Zayn was there crying even though no one could see him. He couldn’t take it and he showed himself.

“He wouldn’t just run off without telling someone!” Niall and Anne stared at Zayn shocked. Kaylor explained to them that Zayn has been here all along and they took it pretty well.

“That explains alot.” They both said before Kaylor spoke up.

“That isn’t important right now Harry is out there and we don’t even know where to look.” Just then Liam barged in through the door and Zayn hid.

“Liam?” Niall called out. He gave him a sincere smile before heading to the kitchen sink to wash the blood off.

“Harry’s gone.” He announced putting on an act.

“What do you mean gone?” Kaylor said as they all went towards him.

“I found him earlier, at Fairmount Park, he was standing at the bridge ready to jump.” Liam made some fake tears.

“I tried to save him I really did. But he couldn’t live with the fact that he was the reason Zayn died.”

“What?” Zayn whispered.

“I know right? That’s crazy.” Liam looked away and smirked to himself.

“That’s impossible!” Kaylor blurted. Kaylor’s hands vibrated as her phone rang receiving a late video message.

“It’s Harry!” She played the video out loud for everyone to hear.

“See, I borrowed Josh’s car that day and took my father’s gun with me. I drove to your house and I waited at the corner for you to come out. Once the door opened I drove down but Zayn came out first and I froze but then I saw you and I knew what I was doing. I shot at you but fucking Zayn jumped in front of it! He wasn’t suppose to die!” There was Liam Payne’s voice clear as day on that video admitting everything.

“Harry wasn’t even on the edge, it was you!” Kaylor yelled at him and Niall held her back by her arms.

“You tried to fucking frame me?! Fuck you. I hope you go to hell.” Niall spat walking away and Kaylor dialed 911.

“Liam James Payne. I never knew you were like this. You killed my boy. What do you have to say for yourself?” Anne was trying to stay calm for everyone.

“Zayn is mine.” Anne smacked the living shit out of Liam.

“Zayn is yours?! Mother fucker you killed my son!” Anne screamed and walked away from him. He was left on the floor holding his cheek. Zayn knelt down next to him and showed himself.

“Zaynie?” He reached out to touch his cheek and Zayn grabbed his wrist twisting it slowly sending him pain.

“You killed the person I loved.” He muttered he twisted more hearing his wails.

“I thought you loved me!”

“Never have I ever loved you.” He let him go and walked away as the cops came into the house.

“Liam Payne you are under arrest for the murder of Harry Styles and Zayn Malik. You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed to you by the state.” The officers took Liam away while Kaylor, Niall, Anne, and Zayn all grieved over Harry’s death.