•Nineteen•

“Harry Styles?” Harry and his mother stood up heading towards the sophisticated looking lady that held a clip board. 

“You must be Harry.” The lady smiled at him taking them into her office.

“I’m Nicole Pratt.” She smiled shaking Anne’s and Harry’s hand. Nicole sat back in her computer chair as she looked over some paper work. 

“Well, well, well. Anne would you mind stepping out of the room?” Anne nodded but before she left, Nicole handed her some adult consent forms to fill out for Harry. 

"Okay Harry," Nicole scooted a bit closer to the edge of her seat.

"Have any idea why you're here?" Harry shook his head as he messed with his fingers.

"Do you want to take a guess?"

"Not really." Harry mumbled moving a few curls that fell into his eyes.

"Well, we're here because," Nicole looked over the written handwork one more time. 

"Because you are having hallucinations." Her grey eyes flickered up to meet Harry's emerald ones.

"Who's Zayn, Harry?" She asked crossing her legs.

"He's my boyfriend." Harry muttered.

"And?" She asked.

"He died saving my life, a month ago." Harry looked down at the floor remembering Zayn jumping in front of the bullet.

"And you're imagining him with you so you don't feel bad about yourself?" Nicole questioned.

"What? No! That's ridiculous. He's really here with me. I'm not crazy." Harry explained moving his hands when he talked.

"Okay okay." Nicole calmed him down as the sounds of the river started filling the room. Harry sighed and sat back into the couch relaxing.

"Why nobody believes me I have no idea." 

"You believe me right?" Harry asked her his eyes gleaming under the little light in the room.

“Harry tell me, is he here with us? Right now?” Harry shook his head no.

“Oh. Why not? I thought he was protecting you.” Harry took a bit of offence to her question.

“He can be here in a second all I have to do is say his name and he’ll be here. And he is protecting me, I’m just not in harm, now am I?” Harry shot back making Nicole examine how fast his anger rose at the slightest put down of Zayn. 

“Well let’s just see.” Nicole stood up going to one of her bookshelves and pulled out a board game.

“You say Zayn is a ghost, yeah?” Nicole sat back down with the box on her lap lightly wiping away the layer of dust it had collected over the years. Harry nodded watching her cautiously.

“I’ve had only one other patient that kinda had you’re scenario.” Nicole placed the game board on the table between them along with the white game piece. Harry edged closer to the board realizing what is was a ouija board.

"What do you plan on doing with that?" Harry asked leaning closer.

"I wanna talk to Zayn, if you don't mind." Nicole shrugged putting her hands on her lap. Harry shook his head he didn't mind.

"Well if you can call him near, please do." She instructed him.

"Zayn? I need you." Harry called out into the air, he looked around. Nothing happened.

"Zaynie, baby? Where are you?" The two of them sat there waiting for Zayn to appear.

"Well I guess I won't talk to him after all." Nicole sighed then leaned forth, going to put the board away.

"Wait! I hear him." Harry slowly turned towards the door and watched the knob turn.

"Sorry to interrupt! I just thought you should know that your next appointment will not be able to make it." Harry was slightly disappointed as that wasn't Zayn walking in.

"That's alright Shelly." Nicole said. Her assistant left the room leaving them two alone again.

"Boo." Harry heard a whisper say from beside him which nearly made him jump out of his skin.

"Don't do that!" Harry yelped. Zayn chuckled.

"Sorry love." Zayn pecked Harry cheek.

"Is Zayn here?" Nicole asked Harry making him nod with a smile.

“Well, where is he?”

“He’s sitting right next to me.” Harry felt Zayn’s thin ghost fingers fold into his. Harry’s smile widened slightly. Nicole watched Harry’s movements and reactions.

"Does he mind me asking him some questions?" Harry looked over at Zayn and watched him shrug.

"No he doesn't."

"Okay." Nicole leaned closer to the board before Harry stopped her.

"Zayn said he'd rather you just ask them and he'll reply to you, instead of using the board." Nicole blinked slowly at the teen before nodding and slowly pushing the coffee table to the side. She grabbed her note pad and wrote down a number 1 at the top along with Zayn's name; to remind herself later for evaluation. 

"So Zayn-" Nicole looked up at Harry then around him.

"Sorry I just don't know where to direct them, can he show himself?" She asked, Harry looked over at Zayn and watched him bite down onto his bottom lip. Nicole's eyes watched carefully before letting them widen as she saw the olive skinned boy appear.

“So you are real.” Nicole muttered to herself. Zayn smirked hearing her comment.

“Well go ahead love, ask away.” 

“Why don’t you move on?” Harry and Zayn both froze at the question.

“I, um, see. Erm.” Zayn was at a lost for words he knew what he wanted to say he just didn’t know if he should trust her. But then again he’s dead, who would believe her?

“Harry has a target on his back, now that I’m not here.” Zayn told her.

“A target?” Nicole asked writing down Zayn’s exact words.

“Yes, the person who planned on shooting him -y’know the one that killed me- is still out there. And I’m a 100% sure that he or she is still trying to get rid of him.” Harry nodded to Zayn’s response.

“So in a sense you’re here to protect him?”

“Yes exactly that.” Zayn said taking Harry’s hand in his.

“One more question before time is up.” Nicole said making Harry give Zayn’s hand a small squeeze.

“Yes?” Both boys said at the same time; they were both itching with anticipation on to what her question may be.

“First, Harry would you mind walking out for a brief moment?” Harry nodded slowly before leaning down letting Zayn peck his forehead. Zayn watched Harry walk out shutting the door behind him.

“Okay Zayn.” Nicole let out a shaky breath before speaking.

“What if I told you I know exactly who the killer is and what’s going through his head?”

“You what? Who!” Zayn exclaimed jumping off the couch at the question.

“It’s...............”