•Twenty Two•

Harry stood on the top of the ladder reaching ever so slightly to line up the banner so that it was straight. It was only 7 o'clock in the morning, yet his mother dragged him out of bed for help. And without argue he did.

"Right there is perfect." Anne whispered sipping coffee from her mug. Harry climbed down the ladder and looked around the living room, every wall was decorated in some type of birthday decor.

“Thank you Harry.” She said kissing his cheek before heading back to the kitchen to refill her cup. It wasn’t much but it was enough to make Kaylor blush as she was filled with love. She always did, that’s what kept her humble self humble, she appreciated the little things. Harry followed her into the kitchen and started taking out a bowl and pancake mix.

“I will start with her breakfast.” Anne nodded then headed off somewhere. Harry did his magic in the kitchen stirring the ingredients, flipping the pancakes, and doing a little dance while he was at it. The pancakes were nice, fluffy, and golden brown with some blueberries poking out the sides ready to be bitten so they can melt in your mouth. He set the plate on the table along with toast and a nice chill glass of orange juice. They heard shuffling upstairs and Harry couldn’t help but perk up a smile as him and his mother stood at the bottom of the stairs. Kaylor came down the stairs rubbing her eye and yawning.

“What’s going on-”

“Surprise! Happy birthday!” They exclaimed with wide smiles on their face. Harry picked her up and twirled her around.

“Ah! I can’t believe my little sister is 16.” She giggled and looked around the living room, she smiled and hugged her mother; making sure to share the love she was feeling with her. Kaylor breathed in deeply.

“Is that blueberry waffles?!” Kaylor’s eyes lit up and she eyed them on the table. She practically ran to the table and started eating.

“Did I ever tell you that I love you Harry?” Kay was making total face love with those pancakes. If she could marry Harry’s cooking, she would.

“I love you too Kay.” His phone vibrated in his pocket and he walked to the kitchen taking the call.

“Here you go love.” Anne said passing her a small carefully wrapped box.

“You didn’t have to get me a present mom.” She took a sip of the orange juice before removing the paper. It was Macy’s box. She opened it pulling out a necklace with the letter ‘K’ dangling at the end.

“Awe... I love it mum,” Kaylor hugged her and had her put it on for her. She held the ‘K’ in her finger smiling as she rubbed the small diamonds that covered it.

“That was Niall, he’s coming to pick you up at 3pm.” Harry said.

Kaylor nodded, “wait! The concert is tonight!” She smiled widely nearly fangirling in her seat.

“I get to meet them on my birthday!”  

“Thank you Zayn!” She bursted out looking up at the ceiling. Harry’s eyes widened as Anne looked at her daughter.

“Zayn? What does he have to do with this?” Harry was standing behind her doing hand gestures.

“Oh, uh, Zayn promised me one day I would meet them.” She smiled softly and Harry gave a content sigh. Anne nodded then headed upstairs.

“Watch how you outburst kiddo.” Harry pecked his sister’s forehead before going to the couch watching some tv.

'

Kaylor spritz perfume into the air then walked through it doing a circle making sure it was spread all over her. She wore a white tank top that was tucked into a light blue skirt along with brown flats. She looked inside her purse for the millionth time and rechecked her checklist; Lipgloss, check. Mints, check. Gum, check. Lotion, check. Tickets, check. She sighed closed her purse and sat down on her bed.