Prologue

* Two years earlier*

"Bye. I'm gonna miss you so much" I say, trying to hold back my tears. He slowly wraps me in a hug whispering to me gently "Don't worry, we'll see each other soon".

Those are the last words I get from him as his flight to Seoul is called up. He unwraps himself from my arms and slowly makes his way to check in, glances back just before the point of no return and waving slightly at me. "Bye Joshie" I mumble to myself as I wave back.
-------
Joshua and I have been friends for years, since we were little. Although he's one year older than me, we've always managed to stick together despite school and other friends getting in the way, nothing has stopped us from telling each other everything that happens, from friendship dramas to school awards, family problems to what coffee we bought in Starbucks that day, love life details to splitting food- every little thing gets shared. Back home, many thought that we were dating just from the way we interacted with each other, let alone the amount of time we spent together and the things we shared. I guess though that that comes from knowing someone your whole life.

I was the first one to know that he got scouted by Pledis Entertainment at the local Kpop festival in LA. I was so happy at first that he was going to become the same as all those that we admired - EXO, SHINee, Super Junior, Big Bang etc. - that I originally didn't think it would cost us our friendship. I thought we would always end up growing old together in LA with houses next door to each other, living with our families and never being separated, maybe going to collage and meeting our dream partners before travelling a bit but ultimately coming back to our home.

Yes we could keep in touch via text and FaceTime but it wasn't the same and we started to drift apart.

After he left me at the airport, I was devastated. I didn't know what to do. Admittedly I had other friends but none who I was particularly close with, not like with my Joshua Hong.

But that was two years ago. I am no longer that lonely girl who could not fend for herself. I am no longer that girl who wanted nothing more than to live in LA for the rest of her life. In fact, I am no longer the American girl in LA but rather the American in Seoul.

That's right. Two years later and I've followed him to Seoul. I know, adventurous of me. But really, I miss him to much and having not seen him for two years, I'm desperate. The moment he left, I started to save up with the help of my parents to be able to come and live out here. I've got enough for as long as I want. My family has a lot of money which is why we live in LA but we don't like to openly flaunt it. So now that I've passed my exams and have some qualifications (OK, maybe quite a few considering I was in the honours classes in all my subjects) here I am.

Before he went, Joshua started to teach me Korean and with the help of some online courses, I've continued that to the extent that I'm about 90% fluent.
I've booked myself a hotel room to stay in for a week whilst I search for somewhere to stay as well as a job plus many other things I've organised. You could say I've been planning this for a while and now that I'm nineteen it's finally been put into action.

A/N - ok, so this chapter is really crap and really short but I promise you that they get better and longer. I've got at least another twenty five chapters to publish with an average word count of 3000 so please keep reading, it gets interesting (I hope so anyway).

Love
K xxx