The Resturaunt

After I dump my stuff in the hotel I head to the grill place just down the street where I said I'd meet Joshua.

I let him know a couple of weeks ago that I'd be coming to stay in Korea for a while and we arranged to meet despite his busy schedule. Yes. Schedule. Somehow, in spite of his complete lack of competence and talent (only joking), he's managed to debut as part of an upcoming group called SEVENTEEN and has now been a professional idol for just under a year. They've rocked many countries including Korea, China, Japan and the USA, even visiting America a couple of times though he didn't quite get to LA.

I slowly walk in and am greeted with a great smell of hot food wafting from the kitchen in the back. Joshua, or Jisoo as he is sometimes known in Korea, has great taste. I look around the restaurant spotting many people including couples and families as well as a large group of boys - I count nine, unfortunately not exo. They do however have the looks of an idol group and seem to the the personality of it. I can hear them half way across the room for goodness sake.

After waiting for sometime, I decide to get our table of two and order some food.
I know what you're going to say; it's rude. In my defence however I have just been on a massive flight with aeroplane food, meaning I'm hungry and have jet lag. Always a great combination. Plus it's only a few side dishes.

There's one problem when the food arrives though. I can't use chopsticks. Despite being half Korean, my family rarely eat any traditional Korean food meaning no need for chopsticks and when we do, why should we bother when that's what knives and forks are for...

I check several times whether anyone is watching my failure only to find that one of the boys from the big group is staring at me. I quickly avert my gaze but to no avail as I soon hear the scraping of a chair and the soft squeak of shoes coming in my direction. He's a tallish boy of around 179cm with brown ruffled hair and warm welcoming eyes. His lazy lopsided grin helps the casual look plastered on his face.

"Hi, not to be creepy or anything, but I noticed that you were struggling with your chopsticks so I guess your kinda new to using them. Let me help." he says earnestly.

"No, I'm fine, honestly." I mumble, confidence lacking.

"You're obviously not as all I've seen for the past five minutes is you struggling to eat. You hold them like this by the way" he jokingly returns as he carefully demonstrates with his own set of utensils.

"I'm Seokmin or Dokyeom a.k.a DK as I'm most commonly know" he introduces himself.

"I'm Kim Min-Ji but back in America I was known as Minnie. It's a pleasure to meet you Dokyeom."

I flush red as I say this, an instant attraction forming. My embarrassment grows as cheers can be heard from the other side of the room at our coy behaviour, both of us seeming,g nervous. Surprise surprise, it was his friends who had been staring at us this whole time without us knowing. This made me turn even redder. I feel like a beetroot due to the crimson colour of my cheeks.

He squirms slightly, figuring out what to say, "Don't mind them, they're just very loud but I love them anyway. Harmless. They're like brothers to me. Anyway, I guess I should be getting back to them."

It is at that moment that the bell on the door chimes and in walks Joshua. I leapt out of my seat at full speed, hurtling across the room screaming "Joshie". I run into his arms, hugging him tightly. "I've missed you so much" I mumble into his chest nearly in tears.
"Minnie, I've missed you too." He hugs back tightly. We finally disentangle and head back to our table to find a confused looking Seokmin. I'd forgotten about him in my excitement.

"Dokyeom, I'd like you to meet Jisoo. Joshua, is like you to meet Dokyeom, or Seokmin. I'm not really sure which." I chuckle.

I glance at Joshua and see him barely controlling his laughter for some unknown reason. "Oh Minnie, there's no need for that. We know eachother already, quite well in fact" he bursts out. But then a moment of realisation daunts him. "Wait, DK, what are you doing here?"

"Well, Min-Ji was struggling with her chopsticks so I came to help her" he explains whilst rubbing his ear nervously.

"I meant about being in the restaurant" Joshua replies, fighting the urge to role his eyes.

"Oh, every one else was hungry and since you were going out and S.Coups, Woozi and Jeonghan were busy we decide to go out for a meal" he says smiling.

"On the company credit card" a boy from the table calls over followed by shouts of "hello Joshie" and "hey Jisoo" erupted from the table of boys accompanied by frantic waving. "Seriously, why today of all days?" Joshua asks seemingly frustrated. He sure isn't too happy to see them. I wonder why.

"Come on Minnie, I guess I should probably introduce you, come on DK" so we slowly make our way over to their table. We were greeted by chants of 'Joshua got a girlfriend. Joshua got a girlfriend' by a mischievous looking threesome. They were quickly put down my Joshua as he quite firmly said "Hoshi, Seungkwan , Vernon, shut up. Guys there's someone you need to meet" before turning to me.

"Minnie, may I present the other members of Seventeen"