My Storm

*DK's point of view*

Within a week of landing back in Korea after our tour, rumours were flying once again. Several photos of Min Kyung and I had made the press, dating prospects ripe according to the papers although it was months since the whole awards scandal. And quite frankly, I had no interest.

It was something Pledis had encouraged, promoting both of our groups whilst also 'allowing me to get over' Minnie - not that that was going to happen anytime soon. That day in the hotel was like a kick in the gut, making me realise exactly what I had lost.

The whole three months since we last came to Korea made me realise that I've been out of touch with a lot of people, abandoning them. What surprised me the most though was how my sister contacted me first, something she hadn't done in a long time due to our busy schedules - not even before the tour.

It was about three weeks since we returned with a few promotions and appearances but nothing really happening in our schedules allowing us all the relaxation time we so desperately needed. I pull on a pair of jeans and a hoodie, quickly flipping a base ball cap over my head and pulling a mask over my face. You could say I'm not really in the mood for attracting attention, like so many days in recent times.

After a fifteen minute walk, I reach the cafe I agreed to meet her in. Memories from London flash before my eyes as I shove the door open. I love Hana but sometimes she can be a massive bitch - she doesn't mean it though.

"Seokmin" she calls after glancing up from her position at a table near the back.
"Hana" I greet, pulling my mask down as I come towards her with a half smile plastered on my face.
"How have you been?" She questions.
"What do you think?" I say, no sarcasm in my voice as I pull out the chair for me to sit.
"Well from what I've seen you've been doing well - better than ever before even, now that you don't have anything to tie you down" she smiles.
"I'm glad that's what it appears" I smile meekly, glad at to those who know no different I'm still the sunshine I was famous for. Truthfully, I'm desperately trying to be that person again but I'm missing something. Or someone.

The waitress comes over, taking our order. I haven't looked at the menu yet so I quickly flick through it, eventually deciding on something plain and simple as Hana orders. She smiles politely before leaving, telling us that the food shouldn't be too long.

"DK, look, you need to get over her" Hana says after giving her menu to the girl as I do the same.
"Since when did you start calling me DK?" I question, trying to change the topic.
"Since you became an international super star so I'm using the name that made  little brother famous" she smiles brightly.
"Speaking of international fame, how's your life these days? Found any hot idols yet or are you still not over that infamous ex-boyfriend of yours?" I smirk lazily.
"Still no one, I'm not easily going to forget him and you know that" she says.
"Better than you think" I murmur.
"What was that? Anyway, unfortunately no guy wants to date me" she smiles, though I can see the hurt behind those eyes.
"I bet that's not true"
"Pretty much. I just don't want you to get hurt in the same way" she says.
"I know what I'm doing. How are the other members? Aren't you preparing for a comeback at some point?" I ask.
"Probably, although SM focus on SNSD more these days, it makes me wonder if they just put me in f(x) because I was getting to old to be in a new group and they couldn't drop me since I'd been on stuff like SMRookies." She answers, cradling her drink in her hand.
"Oh Han, don't be daft, they put you in there because you're talented and deserved it" I say.
"But we're a group that does nothing and gets barely any promotions, especially since Sulli left and I replaced her. It's like they don't want us. I can't even talk to the girls about this" she sniffs, a rare moment of weakness.
"Why can't you talk to the girls about it?" I question.
"Because I'm not welcome" she states simply.
"I'm sure that's not true."
"It is. All I hear about, especially when I joined the group, is 'Sulli did this', 'Sulli did that', 'oh wasn't Sulli amazing'. I feel like I can't live up to her standard, constantly being compared against her, it's almost as though they blamed me for her leaving even though I did nothing, I'm just not welcomed by them, it's only put on for the fans" she explains, refusing to look me in the eye.
"Hana...."
"No, don't play that card in me" she snaps as I retract the hand I'd outstretched to comfort her. "You have no right"
"I'm your brother" I tell her, hurt evident in my voice.
"The brother I haven't spoken to in over three months, you lost that right when you didn't contact me"
"Hey, that's not fair, we went to London - I invited you to London. Plus, you hadn't contacted me in months before that so I think we're even, I've had a lot more going on than just contacting you" I reply evenly.
"Oh, so I'm not important?" She questions. She continues before giving me a chance to argue otherwise. "I might've guessed as much considering everything, even when we were in London after not having seen each other in ages, you barely spent anytime with me, choosing that little bitch over me" she snarls.
"Hey, do not pin this on Min-Ji" I say, a definitive edge to my voice as I speak her name.
"See, even after she cheated on you you still stick up for her! That slut doesn't deserve your attention!"
"Hey, stop!" I demand. "You're going too far, just because some guy that you dated dumped you at the drop of a hat doesn't mean someone is going to do the same to me" I argue. "You're just jealous of the relationship I had"
"You don't know anything, anything at all! Not what it's like to be cheated on nor dropped so suddenly as your world crushes around you! I was trying to protect you!" She argues back.
"Oh yeah, how?"
"Because if I hadn't walked in on them, you would've gone forever or at least a lot longer without knowing anything at all" she says.
"Walked in on what?" I ask uncertainly.
"Key and Min-Ji" she replies calmly.
"And you didn't tell me?" I say.
"I did, just not directly" she tells me almost indignantly.
"How?"
"Well, I knew you wouldn't believe me so I told the press, that way there was no way you could ignore it" she states quite simply. "All that effort I went to to keep my name out of the papers and to get all of this gossip and you don't even thank me"
"There is nothing to thank you for"
"Hey, at least I kept her name out of it, I could've told them directly. I might've guessed you'd side with her anyway considering your behaviour in London."
"Why do you mean?"
"I told you she was simply using you for fame, trying to get something better but you didn't believe me, taking her side and never spending anytime with me. She was always there and you never gave me your full attention"
"You were just jealous and besides, I took your side! I defended you against her!" I say, standing up now and slamming my fists on the table.