LA Life

"Ok, see you later" I say into my phone, pressing the end call button with one hand as the other holds my Starbucks coffee whilst waking down the glorious LA street.

3 months and one Christmas on and I'm not sure what to do with my life - for the long term at least. For now, I'm helping my parents with their business, just the basics whilst I plan what to do now.

I haven't heard from DK since a couple of days after I left, having flown back here a couple of days after that fateful night. I text and keep in contact with the other members occasionally, especially Jun and Joshua who keep me updated on what's happening with them all.

However, whilst I've been quite relaxed the past couple of months, not having much to worry about, I'm up to a surge and will be for the next few days for one main reason. Seventeen are in town for the last concerts on their tour and I can't help but think about DK's last words to me.

'I won't give up. I will keep my promise. I love you, forever and always'

I must admit, they came as a bit of a shock considering all that had happened. By no means had we sorted things out, I just think he realised what he did in that way was wrong. He appreciates that we need time apart to work things out, get back to being ourselves without having to worry about anything.

I'm just paranoid that something is going to happen, that I'll somehow run into them somewhere and it'll be super awkward. It's not that I don't love DK because I do - and that in fact may be what's keeping me away from him. I don't want to hurt him in any way.

My fingers scroll over the keypad, deciding whether or not to send a message as I have so many times these past 13 weeks. I love him so very much but we're both wounded and have made mistakes that may be irreversible. Since the rumours went on for nearly the entire first month of my disappearance, it wouldn't do him any good to be seen with me.

Instead, closing down the messaging app, I just fiddle with the ring on my finger. Yes, I kept it. I truly believe that one day I'll be able to give him an answer.

Yes or no.

A simple question if it weren't for the major issue's it means. There are so many different sides to the argument that I can't even bare to think of all the possible consequences of either answer.

Unfortunately, that's all that now consumes my mind as I enter the lobby of the hotel I'm meeting my parent's client in. I enter through the doors, a mess of bags and coffee meaning that I'm not able to grip onto the door so a doorman has to come and open it for me. Swanky.

I make my way over to the side cafe that I said I'd meet her in, setting down all of my things and finishing my coffee, putting it in the trash, before checking the time. Five minutes early - I suppose it's better than being late. I make my way back to the table I've placed my stuff at, claiming the chair away from the door with my side to the window. After ordering a bubble tea (I now officially love this place!) a woman approaches me.

"Hello, nice to meet you. I guess you're Kim Min-Ji?"

I notice that she's about 35 and not what I expected. She talks with an accent in broken English and is definitely not American. By not American, I mean she's Asian.

"Yeah, nice to meet you two. If you don't mind me asking, where are you from?" I say politely.
"Oh, um, it's fine. Korea, specifically Seoul because of my husbands work" she says.
"Oh, annyeong""I say bowing my head slightly whilst smiling widely.
"You speak Korean?" She says slightly amazed.
"Yeah" I laugh nervously. "All my life cause one of my parents is Korean so I speak it with them and I lived out there for around nine months, came back about two months ago. I guess then it's easier to converse like this?" I says brightly in Korean.
"Yeah"
"Good, then what brings you here if you don't mind me asking?"
"My husband is out here with work so we brought our two daughters for a mini vacation on the side. We're staying in this hotel and I thought it'd be a good place to meet you. The boys have taken our daughters out alongside my husband so we shouldn't have any interruptions."
"That sounds nice"
"Anyway, the company that my husband works for has employed me to find a piece of real estate out here in LA large enough for around seventeen too twenty to stay in at once, possibly more, and we understand that your family can help us do that?"