A night to remember

During my lunch break, I book the flights and get on the phone to Manager Nim, explaining the whole situation to him. He books me a room in the hotel that they're staying in and helps organise transport to the hotel from the airport. He says that since I phoned earlier, DK hasn't left his room and none of the boys can get a word out of him.

I teach the last two lessons of the day before rushing off back home, Eun-Ji driving me as it's much quicker. We arrive home and I quickly shove my things in a small suitcase, including my Seokmin 97 jumper, leaving Eun-Ji downstairs to explain to Aria what's going on before trampling down the stairs. My flight is at five and it's currently four meaning I need to get moving.

As I'm rushing out of the door I make an impulsive decision to pop down to the dorm. I enter the apartment, using the spare key they gave me and head into their apartment, rushing into the room DK shares with some of the others. I open his closest and pull out an old hoodie of his that he barely ever wears and yet smells of him.

I pull it over my head before rushing into the lift, pulling my small suitcase behind me before meeting Aria and Eun-Ji in the foyer of the building. We head into the parking lot below and jump into Eun-Ji's car, speeding towards Incheon Airport. It's twenty past five by the time we arrive and they lead me by the hand towards my gate and prepare me for my flight. I've spent the whole ride in silence, mulling over what's going to happen, only half aware of what I'm doing.

I feel Aria pull me in for a hug, mumbling in her vague Irish accent whilst telling me in English that it's going to be alright and that he will believe me. Eun-Ji then joins in the hug and makes me promise to tell her what happens as soon as possible. I see several fans taking pictures, obviously wondering what's going on at the moment concerning my state but I brush it off my mind, I have more important things to worry about. I make my way to the check in, clutching my necklace as though sending a message to him.

Before long, I'm on the plain, plugging in my music and snuggling into DK's hoodie. I've booked business class so at least I've got space and a bit of privacy. My phone beeps and I see a notification from Aria pop up.

There's a photo from a fans Instagram of me clutching my necklace. It's a high quality shot and blatantly obvious that it's a ring on the chain. The caption below reads 'is this DK's missing seventeen ring?'

I blank it from my mind however and just think about what DK must be going  through at the moment. My phone buzzes again, a message form joshua asking what I'm planning on doing, telling me not to do something rash. I ignore it again though, instead switching my phone onto aeroplane mode.

For the next hour and a bit, I sit in silence staring out at the sky from the plane window, fist in front of my mouth as its wrapped in the long sleeves of DK's shirt as though to muffle any unwanted whimpers. It's painful, knowing that this trip could be the ending of my relationship, of the best thing that's happened to me. I know, I may be exaggerating but during these last however many months I don't think I've ever felt happier.

I move on to thinking about how the fans will react, the Instagram post Aria sent me popping to mind. I guess people are starting to realise something. However, now is not the time to think about this. I turn up my music and try to drown out the thoughts of what's to come.

I guess I'm successful as before I know it, I'm disembarking the plane, still listening to my playlist of Seventeen songs. I see a plaque with my name written in it and am lead by the person to a taxi, promptly driving me to the hotel. Nerves begin to kick in once again, my brain racing through all things that could go wrong. I'm in a daze, not fully concentrating so the driver has to tell me we've arrived. I thank him before making my way out of the cab and into the hotel.