Day 3

---------------I talked to him------------------

"Are you going out?"
"How's that your business?"
The blonde headed boy wore a grey sleeveless hoodie while the man from the other house stood watching in his balcony. The two balconies were not much far so it was not hard to make a conversation but the only drawback was that whoever may cross the road underneath might hear them.
"Hey tell me where you are going" the man spoke with a snobbish tone out of curiosity watching the boy comb back his hair neatly.
"Is it a woman? Going to see your girl?" The man kept on asking as if the boy's silence was too bugging.
"Hey old man mind your own business, we don't know each other" Nathan placed down the deodorant on his neatly arranged dresser.

"I'm only 29 that's not too old" the man frowned.

"Round it off it's 30" the boy settled everything before leaving behind a neat room and heading downstairs where the mother had made omelette with bread slices as breakfast.

"Going for job interview?" She raised a brow with the same non concerned face as ever.

"You should get one too" he replied seating too elegantly and using proper fork and knife to slice the bread and egg.
After having his breakfast he headed out of the house wearing a bag like a grade schooler and jogged off the pedestrian path.

"Thankyou so much"

"No problem kid, you can start over right now we're already jam packed with customers so move to the counters already and take orders.. that lady there will guide you"
The old man with bushy brows and wrinkled smile guided the young boy. He was given a cap and a uniform with the cafés logo, wearing that in the changing room he stood in front of the locker's mirror adjusting his cap and folding up the long sleeves, the uniform was quite the misfit but he adjusted somehow.

After getting dressed up he walked to the main counter where the long queues were being handled by single lady, about 5"7 just the same height as himself..she had shoulder length dark brown hair and dark brown eyes with wheatish colored skin and quite an Asian look to her.

"You're the new guy? I'm Anita.." She spoke in quite a hurry noting down all the orders and passing them on to the workers...everyone was in a hurry.

"Look over those fries for me" the woman told him in a hurry, forgetting to even ask his name and he in terms of trying to be useful didn't demanded any attention, so he did what he was told quite perfectly.

"Ah man that was one tiring shift!" The woman totally laid back onto the chairs in staff room, whining in her non native English accent.
The boy sat on the chair in front drinking a glass of water and removed his cap.

"What's your name?" She asked.

"Nathan"

"How old are you? Um 15? 16? You look like a high school student" the lady went on seeming quite the talkative person.

"19" he answered spontaneously.

"Eh? No freaking away, how old do I look?!"

She asked slamming both hands at the table.
"23?" He replied.

"Oh wow, normally people say I look 30" she seemed quite flattered "I'm 24 though...so Nathan, you enjoyed your first day?"

She just earned a slight nod from him.
"Eh I'd say that was a crappy day" she sighed "do you go to college or anything?!

"Don't got the money" he replied and got up heading to the changing room.
"Not much talkative eh?"

After grabbing his bag and getting changed into his regular clothes he headed out of the café under the light evening sky with soft winds.

"Why are you following me?" He randomly asked walking about in the empty street.
"You noticed?" The man from his neighborhood came out from a corner.

"You're annoying" the boy replied tucking hands in his pockets not even turning back, he just walked his straight path.

"I watched you today, with all those customers.. You can put on such a nice face so easily, why are you so mean to me?" The man walked right behind him, compared to him he was a 6"2 tall giant.

"I have no obligations towards you" Nathan kept on walking his path.

"Why did you move your bed in my view? Do you think I'm some kind of f*g?" The man whispered quite rudely.

"If you aren't one, my bed's position shouldn't be a concern" Nathan replied in a monotonous calm tone.

"I'm just keeping an eye on you because you are suspicious, don't take this the wrong way" he gave explanations like a guilty lamb.
"Are you going to follow me inside the house as well?" Nathan stood infront of his own gate.

The man hadn't even noticed how fast they had been walking to reach home too quickly.
"Ah no I..."

"Very well then" Nathan entered the front gate then headed inside ringing the bell to the house. The mother received the door staring right at the man outside his house, he uncomfortable by the woman's direct gazing moved away heading to his own house.

"Aren't you making too much contact?" The mother questioned closing the door behind them.

"He's following me around" the boy answered with a usual emotionless face.

"Is that so" She answered getting back on couch and switching around channels.
She didn't bother asking about his first day and nor did he care enough to tell. He simply walked upstairs to his room and started to strip, the window was as usually wide open...only after stripping he walked to his closet and arranged new clothes over the bed bending over naked to lift the underwear he dropped on floor all while having his back to man who was silently watching from the window.

After showering Nathan came out of the bathroom with a towel around his waist back into his room and dressed up, the sun had already set he sat over his bed and pulled out a book from one of his unpacked bags.

"You know kids this age got Internet and Tabs..reading a book? Not so social.." The man leaned over his balcony while eating a bag of potato chips watching Nathan.

"Do you by any chance live, eat ,sleep and crap at the balcony... Old men these days prefer taking a walk in fresh air.." Nathan replied turning pages having a big reading glasses on with a bold black frame totally pissing the guy with his counter sarcasm.

"Oh but you see this old man has nobody to walk him outside everyday" the man replied with a chuckle feeling proud of himself to be able to reply back sarcastically.

"I can tell considering your pick up lines do suck" Nathan mumbled.

"What'd ya say kid!" The man clenched on the grill of balcony.

Nathan closed the book and placed it next to the nightstand along with the glasses and went downstairs for dinner leaving the man without any replies.

"Eat your vegetables too Nathan" the woman instructed the boy who kept on separating the broccoli from meat.

"I don't like those" he whispered nevertheless ate them up and washed the dishes.

"Do you want to watch movies?" She asked going through the channels.

"I'll pass"

He went back upstairs and flopped down onto his bed over his stomach taking a deep sigh then stood up walking to the window, the man wasn't at his balcony anymore so he took a deep breath of relief before noticing the streets where the man was talking to a beautiful blonde haired woman eventually ending up touching and then going inside his house.

The two ended up going upto his room upstairs where Nathan could clearly see them, the man opened his curtains on purpose getting it on with that woman in an angle most clear to Nathan's view.
"Heh....show off" Nathan smirked.

2015- May 23- 10: 59 pm.

-------He brought home a woman---------