Part 4: A phone call (Edited)

Special thanks to @jay-I-cee for editing my story.
🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

[Peter POV]

The irritating noise that was coming from my phone was enough to awake me from my slumber dream. It wasn't the sound of the alarm though.

So where the heck this noise coming from?

With closed eyes, I reached out my hand towards the side table beside my bed and my hand felt the vibrations. Now, I knew where that annoying sound coming from. I clicked the green button on the phone screen without looking at the caller id.

"Hello?" My voice sounds croaky.

"Hello, sleepy head! How many times should I call you before you pick up?" asked the caller from the other line.

Who the heck calls me in the morning and start to get on my nerves?

I pull away the smartphone from my ear just to see the caller id name. But, only numbers appeared on it.

"Who is this?" I asked while picking up my body to lean on the headboard of the bed.

"What? I've just been away for a month and you have already forgot my voice? I will just say that  you are still not fully awake yet."

Wait a minute. It can't be true that. This person is not the same person I think he is, right? Somebody please tell me that I'm wrong.

"Adam?" I asked hesitantly.

"I'm sure you would never forget me, buddy. Yes, this is me, Adam." He makes a confirmation about himself.

I was totally in a deep shock right now and I wasn't able to utter any words. My brains seem to have stopped functioning. I don't know what kind of feeling that I feel at that very moment.

Am I happy? Angry? Irritated? I don't know. It seems to get mixed all together.

It's been a month that my family and I tried to reach him and none of us succeed in making a contact with him. He had disappeared out of nowhere. My mother even fell sick because she was worried and missed my brother so badly. Now, he's here on the other line, speaking to me.

"Pete? Are you still there?"

"Yeah!." I answered with one word.

"Hey! Are you not happy to hear from me?"

But when I thought it through, thinking about what he had done to me, to our parents and to Sean, I rather despised him instead of feeling happy knowing he is still alive.

"You are such an asshole Adam!!" I cursed out at him. Rage had taken over me.

"After everything that you have done, you still dare to ask me that question? F*ck!!." I paused for a mere second.

My chest was moving up and down, up and down, because of anger had taken over me right now, my breathing
becoming faster.

"Do you want to know my answer?! No!! I'm not happy to hear from you!!!," I shouted through the phone. But I wasn't loud enough to be heard by the whole house. Luckily, I still have my senses that I wasn't living alone in this house. There's Aunt Rossie and Sean. And I don't want them to make a fuss of me making noise early in the morning.

"Calm down, Pete. I know you're mad at me and I admit that I was wrong and I'm such an as*hole. That's why I called you to ask for an apology and to explain everything." He sounded sorry.

"Did you call mom yet? What about Sean?"

"Nope! I didn't even contact any of them yet. You're the first person that I called. Because I know you're the one who understand me the most. So please hear me out Pete." His voice softened.