Part 14: Cheezy freak! (Edited)

A/N Special thanks to @jay-l-cee for editing my story

.......................

[Peter POV]

The 2 hours class ended sharp at 1 o'clock. I rushed out from the lecture hall since I promised Jace that I will meet up with him in front of my faculty building.

Without realizing, Heather had followed behind my back and I didn't even tell her anything about my plan with Jace.

"Hey, Pete! Are you going somewhere? You didn't even wait for me."

"Erm..mm..y-yeah! Yea! I've got a plan already. So I got to go now."

"Ready to go, Pete?" That familiar voice greeted me with a tap on my back and then, he brought himself to stand beside me.

Then I turned to check on Heather. Obviously, she was stunned and puzzlement spread all over her face.

"So, Jace...meet my friend....nope! My best friend, Heather. And Heather...meets..." I tried to introduce both of them to one another since they did not properly introduce themselves the other day, but Heather cut me off before I was done.

"No need to introduce me to this jerk, Peter!" Said Heather directly to Jace's face. I even saw some of her spit land on his face. Eww!!

Okay, she sounds mad! As expected.

"So, this is Heather. The girl with hot-temper." Jace sneered and Heather face redden trying to stifle her anger.

"Don't you dare call me that!! It is because you try b*tching on me, I act like this!!" She does sound mad. "Peter....don't tell me that you have plans with this bastard?!!!" She shifted her fiery eyes into mine.

Code red! Code red! The beauty might change into a beast sooner or later!!

Before that happen, I have to take Jace away from here.

"I'm sorry, Heath! We really-really have to go now. Talk to you, later." I bid her good bye and grabbed Jace's arm, then pumped up my feet to take him away...far away from Heather. Before things get worse.

"EDSBURKE!!!" Heather shouted out my name from afar.

I ignored her and dashed towards my BMW car. I told Jace to get inside before I drove away leaving the university heading to the hospital.

"Is she always that scary?"

"Don't even ask! You wouldn't want to know about it." I said with wheezy sound, since I'm still catching my breath after the long run.

**********

Once we arrived at the hospital, I parked the car in the basement and we took the elevator heading to the 4th floor. The 'ding' sound indicated that we've arrived at the respective floor.

There's a big sign on the wall in front of the elevator that stated 'Oncology'.

I'm not a science student so, never once have I heard or seen this word before. The only thing that I'm sure of is that I need a dictionary to find out the meaning behind it. Yea! Yea! That's it.

Without knowing the name of the patient and what illness that person suffers from, I just tailed behind Jace, until he stopped in front of one room with a big window pane covered with shutters that slightly opened. It revealed the patient, a woman in early 40 I assumed, laying on the hospital bed helplessly.

Both of us just stood in front of the window for minutes, before Jace spoke out.

"She is my mom. I just found out she suffers from brain tumor, stage 4...the same day I knocked you down." He made a confession with both of his arms crossed over the chest.