Part 6: A regret! (Edited)

Special thanks to @jay-I-cee for editing my story.
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

[Peter POV]

Once again, the peaceful dream of mine had been disturbed by the sound of the ringtone and vibration produced by my smartphone.

What the hell!! Out of all times, they choose to call me early in the morning?!!

No matter, how I ignored it, it will never stop ringing until I pick it up. But, this time I checked for the caller id beforehand. I don't want to end up cursing the wrong person.

"Hello! Mom?" Luckily I was smart enough to check for the caller. It happened to be my mother. If that was Adam, I would have ended up throwing harsh words at him again.

"Morning, sweetheart~ how're you doing?" asked my mom with cheerful voice.

"I'm fine, mom. What about you and dad?" I answered with croaky voice.

"Pete! Are you up, yet?"

"I am, mom. Just-woke-up." I was yawning when I answered her.

"It's already 8 o'clock, Pete. Are you not going to class?"

"Mom! I'm no longer in high school. My university schedule is different from high school. Today, I only have an evening class, at 2pm." I replied my mother, being frustrated for having to wake up early even though I don't have any morning classes.

"Ohh!! I see.... I'm sorry, honey. I forgot about it."

"It's fine, mom. So, is there something you want to talk to me?"

"I just miss my son. That's all. It's been awhile since you haven't come home to meet us. Of course, I would miss you a lot, Pete."

That's true, it's been a month since I haven't stepped my feet into my home in Los Angeles. Both of my parents keep on making an assumption about the reason I've never coming back was because I was mad at them. They thought it was because they had forced me into marrying Sean, and they thought that was the sole reason.

I admitted that, there's a slight remorse I felt towards my parents for being unfair to me. Whoever in my shoes, would think the same. What kind of parents forced their own son to marry a guy when their son isn't even into guys.

"Peter?"

"Y-yeah! Mom." I was immersed in my own pool of thoughts.

"Are you still mad at us?" Finally, she spurred out that question.

And I found it was hard to reply though.

"Mom~ don't say that. It makes me feels like, I'm a bad son. You know how I love you and dad a lot." This is the best answer I can give to her.

"If that's so, would you come home to meet me and your dad?" That's sounded more like a plea than a request.

"Y-yeah! Of course, mom. If I get some time, I will come home." I hesitantly gave an answer to her. Adam had caused them enough trouble and I don't want to be an ungrateful son either, to break my parent's heart.

"Where's Sean? I would like to talk to him."

"Sean?! I'm sure he's downstairs, having some breakfast. Wait a minute, mom." I hurriedly stepped down the stairs and headed straight towards dining room.

There he was digesting the food.

"Morning, Pete. I thought you said, you don't have a morning class."

"Yup, I don't have it. But, here... my mom wants to talk with you." I handed my phone to him.

His calm face turns surprised when I said that his mother-in-law wants to talk to him. Haha.