Part 28: Trust me (Edited)

A/N Hai readers...here is the new part. It's quite bland but.... Do enjoyed it kay :)))

sorry for any grammatical errors :p

Special thanks to @jay-l-cee for editing my story

[Peter POV]

1.00 a.m.

That was the time on the wall clock in the leisure room the last time I checked it before I left for the kitchen.

Making a cup of coffee added with creamer which is my favorite, it helped to boost my energy and to keep my eyes awake...for me to stay up through the night. And since Aunt Ross had already gone to sleep hours ago, I had to make it on my own.

I went through the file cases from the past while waiting for Sean who was still not home, yet.

And then, when I was focusing on stirring my coffee... arms sneaked from my back and wrapped around my waist. "Hey, babe!" That person said before giving me a peck on my cheek. After that he rested his chin on my right shoulder.

"You're late tonight. Got lots of work to do?!" I asked.

"I was working on my research in the lab...and missed the time. When I realized it....it was already 12 midnight! Were you waiting for me?!"

"No! I was not..." I lied.

Sometimes, I hate myself for not speaking the truth! Always in the state of denial...sigh!!

"Then...why are you still up at this hour?"

"Urm-m! I-I need to analyze a few cases...an assignment given by the Prof." An excuse to cover the lie. I'm getting good in it!

"..oh.." He responded to it weakly. Not even trying to get on my nerve.

"Did you have your dinner, yet?"

"I already did..." He answered it poorly, like he was left with no energy to even utter a word. "I am so tired...babe...and sleepy too..."

"Come on then...let me take you to the room. So that you can have a rest..." I grabbed his hand and turned my body facing him. His eyes were half closed already, and he looked exhausted. "Come on..." I held him by his waist and my other hand grabbed his arm. I walked beside him and led the way upstairs.

"Where're you taking me to?"

"To the room..."

"What about you?"

"I still need to finish two more cases...before I go to sleep..."

After I said that, he turned his back and walked into the leisure room. "Where're you going now, Sean?!" I followed his back.

"I will not sleep on the bed alone without you beside me..So, I will just take a nap on this couch until you are done with your assignment." He said before lying his body onto the couch.

I was left with no words to utter. Even though, I forced him to sleep on the bed...I knew he wouldn't agree with me! This guy can be stubborn sometimes, but despite that he is a good and nice guy.

Running upstairs to get a blanket and a pillow and then returned back to his side. I lifted his head gently before placing the pillow under it, don't want to wake him up and covered his body with the blanket.

I brought my hand to stroke his hair softly and scanned through his sleeping face. A smile crawled over my lips, when I just realized how lucky I am to have a husband with a good personality and perfect looks like him. No doubt that, he is a handsome guy...and no wonder he's so proud of his face plus with the secret admirers that are crazy over him.