Part 33: Stay

A/N I've just finished with my exams, so here is what I had promised. The new part of accidental marriage. I will update 2 parts in a row...

I hope it's not too late for me to wish HAPPY NEW YEAR to all Accidental Marriage readers. I wish for all of your happiness :))

As usual, sorry for any grammatical errors ;p

[Peter POV]

Upon knowing about the shocking news, I've decided to fly back to California as soon as possible. Following with me, my mother and Adam.

Yes! You read it right. Adam did come together with us.

He saw the news, and said that he wanted to tag along. And I just said, "Yes, sure." Even tho, deep down inside, I didn't want him to go near Sean. But, my conscience speak up to me. Telling me that, at this critical moment, I should only focus on Sean; focus on his recovery and health and put aside other unmatters thing.

So, I decided to put aside all of the dispute I had with Adam and agreed that he can tag along. Besides, at this moment, I think Sean needs both of us by his side to support him.

...............

We arrived at the hospital around 8.00pm. Because the only flight that available on that day was in the late evening.

Upon our arrival, I bumped into Heath at the main entrance of the hospital.

"Pete!!" She shouted out my name and gave me a bone crushing hug. I hugged her back.

Loosening ourselves from one another, "Glad that you can make it..." Said Heather.

"So, how is he?" That was the first question coming out from my mouth and it was also wrapped with worries.

She averted my eyes, once I asked her that question. But then, she made eye contact with me by lifting up her gaze into mine. "Come on...follow me. I will bring you to him."

"Why can't you tell me, whether he is doing fine or not?" I asked her again. Restless and uneasiness developed inside me.

"Yea...Heath! Tell us, how is Sean condition? We all are worried about him." Asked my mother, being impatient too.

"It's okay; just follow me...okay..." Answered Heather while taking steps forward leaving us behind.

Without asking another question, we just decided to follow her from the back. But then, I chased after her pace, until I walked side by side with her.

"He was admitted in the emergency unit this morning, but now...they've already transferred him into the ward." She told me.

That is a good news right? Since he is no longer in the emergency unit, that's means he had passed the critical phase.

We took the lift and it stopped at level 2. Stepping out from the lift, we headed towards the ward. Then, Heath brought us into the hallway located in that big ward, and there was a board written, Burns Care Unit on the top of the entrance of the hallway.

But, before I stepped into that hallway, I heard my mom said," We will wait here."

And she didn't refer it to me, but towards Adam. So, my mom decided that she will wait outside together with Adam.

Thanks, Mom. I appreciate that......

I knew that my mom didn't agree with my idea to let Adam comes together with us, because she still hoping that I will change my mind about asking Sean for a divorce. That's why she just wanted me, alone to go and visit Sean.