Part 29: Painful truth (Edited)

A/N Hey everyone!! It's been long time no update. Since, I'm a full time college student with tons of quizzes and assignments...that's makes being a writer, is just during my free time only. Okay, sorry for complaining about my life...So, do enjoyed ur reading; ))

Sorry for any grammatical errors!! :P

Special thanks to @jay-l-cee for editing my story.

[Sean POV]

The sunlight that was penetrating into the room through the open slits of the curtains, shone onto my face. I woke up from my slumber dream and checked on my phone that was placed on the nightstand. Pushed the button on, just to check on the time. It's already 10am.

Like I care...since it's weekend. So, I took this opportunity to sleep as much as I can, so does Peter.

I turned my head to my left, just to see an empty space beside me. There's no Peter lying or sleeping soundly, beside me.

"Where is he?" I questioned myself.

He woke up early maybe...and is having breakfast now.

I made my own assumptions and went straight into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth before joining Peter at the dining table.

************

I bid Aunt Rossie a "Good Morning" before asking about my babe, Peter. Since, I didn't meet my expectations regarding the assumption that I made just now. He wasn't there in the dining room.

"Aunt Ross...do you know where Peter is?"

"Peter...?! Oh! He said that he want to go to the park...jogging!" Answered Aunt Ross while her hand was busy cleaning the table. I came down pretty late that Aunt Ross had already cleared the table.

"Jogging?! That's so not like him...I remember when he gave me a hard time persuading him to go for a jog before. What went into him, today?" I slipped a chuckle.

"Perhaps, he just felt like he had to do it today or maybe he wanted to keep up to your level, so that when you guys jog together next time, he can follow your pace and will not be left behind.."

If there's truth in Aunt Ross's words just now, it would be so.....cute of Peter. If he sneakily went out for a jog alone and sacrifice his morning weekend just because he wants to fit with my pace.

"Do you want coffee or anything for breakfast my dear?"

"Just coffee...Aunt Ross. I will eat later...during lunch with Pete."

"Alright then..." Aunt Ross responded before leaving for the kitchen.

I settled down at the dining table while waiting for the coffee I went through the newspaper that was lying on the table.

"Ding...Dong!"

That was a sound made by our door bell.

"Ding...dong!!"

It can't be Peter right?! There's no way he could have forgotten the passcode for the door.

Or......

Maybe, he might forget it somehow....

In the middle of me having an interrogation with my mind, I saw Aunt Ross walking out from the kitchen with a cup of coffee in her hand and placed it in front of me.

"Are you expecting a guest, Sean?" Asked Aunt Ross.

"Nope, I don't think so..."

"I will go check then..."