Part 36: The proposal

[Peter POV]

It was past 3 in the evening once I arrived home. Parking my car in the garage, I saw the royal blue, Audi RS 5 which belongs to Sean was in there too.

"He's home, already?" I mumbled.

I got out from the car and walked inside the house through the small, wooden door that connect with the house. Then, I opened the door of the mini library to check for the presence of Sean, but he's wasn't there. I moved to the next room which is Sean's study room; nothing.

"Are you looking for something, Pete?" Asked a familiar voice from behind me.

Turning my head towards that voice, I saw Aunt Rossie who was holding a broom in her left hand. "I wonder if Sean already home or not...that's why I tried to check for him in here."

"Ohh! If you're looking for Sean, he's in the leisure room..."

"In leisure room? Alright... thanks, Aunt Ross..."

Aunt Ross left me with a smile before she disappeared behind the door into the backyard.

Fastening my pace towards the leisure room, and I found him, sitting on the couch with a thick book in his hand. The television was on, but he didn't even pay attention to it. Maybe, his book was far more interesting than the program on the tv.

I knew he would never noticed my presence, so I decided to walk inside the room and laid my head on his lap as I said, "I was so damn tired...hon."

He was startled as I suddenly appeared on his lap. Haha! That's proved that he was totally immersed in his reading.

"Hai babe! Sorry...I didn't realise you has returned". He greeted me and sealed a kiss on my lips.

"What is it about?"

"Huh?!" He cocked his brows as he was confused with my question.

"The book. What is it about?" I asked him about the book as it is still stick on his hand.

"Oh! This book is about the history of the great scientists in medicine and pharmacology. How they first develop the medicine. The background of the scientist. It's interesting. Do you want to know about them?"

Instantly, I shook my head; sign of refusal. "I might fall asleep after seconds you read it to me, hon."

He just laughed it off.

"So, how's your exam? Good?"He asked.

"Just fine...I was greatful enough if I pass that paper...because it was so damn difficult!"

"It's okay...as long as you've done enough for it...I'm sure you'll get a good grade." He gave me a moral support while his fingers slide through my hair.

I just humming 'erm' as a reply.

"How come you're home early today?" I asked wondering. Since, he always returned late after me.

"I didn't even go to work today. I took a leave."

"Huh? Why? Are you sick or something?"

"Nah~ I just don't want to go to the university today. Too lazy..."

It's unusual to hear Sean said that he was lazy to go to work. I just slipped a giggle.

"Today is your last paper, right?"

"Uh-huh..." I answered it weakly as I kept my eyes closed.

"So...babe, how's it feels after finishing the last paper?"