A nightmare in the snowstorm

In his head the screams were echoing, becoming louder, more scary. The snow was now hitting his forehead violently as he ran. He could still hear the man shouting from afar:

"Come back, brat! I haven't finished with you yet!"

Nate was getting tired but kept running with all the strength he had left. The blizzard was getting worse. He was getting colder and losing more and more blood. But when he was fading and his energy reached zero, he saw a light far away.

After many steps he reached a door with a big circular window on the top. He felt the pain, the worst pain he had ever experienced. Movement was becoming more and more difficult as Nate began to lose control of his muscles. Nate was starting to fall, becoming one with the snow...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A girl named Linda heard a loud knock on the door. 'It's 10 o'clock at night, I shouldn't open the door without asking Mr Roger first', she thought. 'Besides I am too short to reach the peep hole and see who it is...'

She ran straight to the headmaster's office saying: "Mr Roger, somebody knocked on the door once kinda violently!"
The old headmaster raised an eyebrow and wondered who it could be. He put his glasses on and walked past the classes, the hall and the big living room to reach the door. He looked through the small circle and when he did, a shocked look appeared on his face.

He opened the door quickly and saw the frozen child lying on the three small steps outside the front door. Then he carefully lifted the child into his arms and immediately checked whether he was still alive. When he heard his heartbeat, he figured out that it was slow and had a calm rhythm. The girl watched carefully. "Is he alive?", she asked, nervously. Roger nodded and spoke next "We should take him to the doctor's surgery upstairs, he is frozen, trembling now and needs to rest in warmth."

Roger passed the hall, turned left, passed the cafeteria and took the elevator with rapid steps while holding the poor teen in his arms. Many students were in the cafeteria and when they saw Roger they started whispering to each other, with questioning looks on their faces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nate's eyes started to open. He was lying on a white bed, still in his pajamas. His wounds were covered and were healing well. It was cozy and warm. Three nurses were looking at him. When he was fully awake, they started the questions, one at a time.

They first asked if he was alright and what his name was. He wanted to answer them but then remembered his mother's voice screaming aloud: "Nate! Nate! My little baby...Don't go upstairs fre-ak, let my little bo-y Li-ve", and those were her last words.

He started to cry silently and said in a voice that could barely be heard "My name is Nate, thank you for taking care of me, I'm a lot better now". And with that he managed to look at them wiping his tears and giving them a nostalgic smile.

|End of Part 1|