The mysterious child

Near heard the deep voice of the raven haired boy: "My name is Rue. Don't worry. I'm not gonna hurt you.", Rue said and Near's eyes looked at him with disbelief.

The blood of the cat was spilled all over his clothes. His eyes were black, and you could barely see a faint red color on them.
Near was very calm to this situation and spoke: "You can call me Near. Why did you kill this poor cat. Rue?", Near said silently, trying not to show how much awful and disgusted he felt at that moment.

"Because it was about to die today
anyway, it was suffering", Rue continued with no signs of guilt in his words.

Near was confused. 'How is it possible for a boy, almost my age to know which day an animal is going to die? This very suspicious
He is probably lying. No. He is definitely doing so.'

"I know what you're probably thinking now", the boy said, cutting Near's thoughts. "You believe that I'm a big fat liar. It's a long story. I was born with this ability. Knowing when a person or an animal is going to die. I can see numbers above your head, because I was born with the shinigami eyes.
I bet that sounds weird to you, but I don't care! Those eyes are very handy!"

Rue finished his sayings and freed Near's hand.
"I would prefer if you didn't say anything to anyone about the cat, my ability and my presense here, but the decision is yours. I can't stop you or murder you." 'Or can I?', A sudden thought crossed his mind and then he smirked widely to the other boy.

Near didn't know what to do.
'I bet that this child will try something bad if I disagree to keep my mouth shut. Even though, I'm going to tell my opinion anyway'
"I think that what you do is not right. Not right at all!"
The black haired boy stared at Near with hatred filling his stomach as the albino's words crashed his ideology. Near continued his calm speech.

"Because however you put it, killing animals or humans is considered murder. You must stop. It's better to leave the innocent souls die alone!"

His eyes had a sparkle at that moment. The red color filled the iris of his eyes. He was feeling deafeated and madness filled his actions.
Rue caught Near in his hands and started hitting him with powerful punches.
Near was cornered and couldn't
escape. But he didn't scream. He wouldn't let the this mysterious child think that he had more power over him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mello had already searched on the two backyards, the garden, the Hall, the whole hallway, the library and wondered where could the crazy-snow-white Near have been. He suddenly heard a loud crack on the wall somewhere nearby.

Mello sprinted with all his power. He got closer and saw a familiar raven haired boy trying to choke poor Near to death with one hand, while hitting him with the other.
He immediately identified the teen.

'Rue! That crazy kid who got expelled from Wammy's House last year, because he was always causing trouble. He was also best at bullying students or ever killing animals. I'm coming Near!', Mello's thoughts were now tangled.

After coming close enough Mello charged at Rue, while getting a punch ready and saying his name aloud on an furious tone

"RUE!! Leave him alone!"

He then grabbed Rue from the waist and stuck him on the wall. Rue was now helpless as Mello caught his head with his right hand, and started hitting it on the wall with force.

"You psycho-bastard! What did you do to Near?! Why is there blood on your clothes, his clothes and your hands?", Mello said and continued hitting Rue's head.

When it started bleeding out, Near caught Mello's hand.

"Mello, I think that that's enough."

The blonde stopped immediately, saying: "But Near, he hurt you and even tried killing you! Why should he stay unpunished?"

"He won't", Near replied when he heard foorsteps coming closer to their direction, probably because they heard the noise. Their steps started increasing when they saw a blood spillage on the floor. They were the professors who rushed out of their daily routine and classes out of curiosity about the loud noises.

Light Yagami, the dance class teacher gasped and spoke first:
"What happened here? Why is there blood all over the
floor?"and he figured out the answer himself.

"Rue?! Why are you here? You got expelled last year, right?"

"It's his fault!", Rue said, pointing at Mello.
"He got my head and started hitting it on t-"

Mello was now mad and cut him rudely.

"You piece of shit tried to choke Near to death after physically bullying him!"
"He murdered a cat in the restrooms too", Near added.
"Oh I see what's the case here",
Takada, the Literature professor,
spoke next."Rue. You're going to
prison for animal murder and your attempt to kill a fellow student!"

Rue fell on the floor crying.
"Please pity me! I don't want to go to the dark cell again",but everybody ignored his pleading sayings.

The sport's professor, Soichiro Yagami completely ignored him and called the police, saying all the details of what just happened.

Now most of the classes have stopped, because of the noise.
Many other professors and students were forming a circle
in front of the restrooms.
L guessed what could have happened, when he saw Rue on the scene.
Many students or professors were talking with each other ,asking one another what happened.

After some minutes the police took Rue and everybody returned to their classes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt saw his friend Mello and followed him. The new kid who was injured was close to him.

"Hello guys!", Matt greeted them happily.

"Long time no see, Matt!", Mello replied

"Are you ok new kid?", Matt said when he saw black marks and scratch marks over the boy's hands and face.

"Yes. Thanks to Mello. You can call me Near by the way."

"Then Near it is!", Matt said while giving a smile to the albino.
After that he greeted Matsuda and went some meters back to talk to him.

Even though he looked all right ,Near groaned and suddenly fainted. Mello, who was beside him, caught him just in time.

"Near! Near?!, answer me Near!", he shouted, but the albino had lost his senses and couldn't hear anything ,so no answer was given to Mello.

Mello decided to put his head on Near's chest and heard his slower-than-normal heartbeat.
"Thank god", he murmured.
He then run to the hospital with the boy in his hands.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The nurses put the teen on the emergency room and Mello was waiting outside with agony,wondering what has happened to his friend.

After some examination a nurse got out of the room and announced the following:

"He just fainted. There's nothing to worry about. He'll wake at any moment now. You can come in if you want."

"Thank you", Mello murmured as he entered the small emergency room and looked at his roommate ,whose eyes were still closed.

|End of Part 5|