Getting Ready for a prank!

Near's eyes started to open slowly.
The first thing he saw was Mello's eyes nervously checking on him.
"Mello", he spoke. "I forgot to thank you personally, for saving me back there."

Mello gave a smile to Near.

"There's no real need to thank me. I just did what I was ordered by Roger to do. Protect you."

Mello's sayings didn't match his thoughts, but the blonde wouldn't want the other teen know how worried he was.

'Near,you had experienced the worst thing a child could have experienced before coming here and after you came here you are being hurt in Wammy's House, the place in which you found shelter, the place in which you're hoping to keep living in, happily and peacefully. I will never, ever let go of you again or leave you alone. Because even if I know you only one day, I already feel that you are a precious friend'

The nurses told Near that he could go back to classes now.

The boy got up and asked Mello.

"Do you know which class do we have next?", he asked.

"Literature", Mello replied with an ironic tone in his voice.

"I guess you don't like it much?", Near asked while twirling a lock of his hair with his hand.

"Nope, the teacher is the worst. Takada. hmpf...", Mello answered and took a bite from the chocolate he took out of his pocket.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt was heading to Literature classes when a girl bumped into him.

"I'm sorry", she said and picked her fallen books from the floor.
She had long orange hair, blue eyes and a tall figure.

"No problem!", Matt replied while feeling the arrows of cupid hit him."My name's Matt. What is yours?"

"I'm Zoe. I'm new here so I don't really know where the Literature class is. I was looking for it."

"Well", Matt said and winked at the girl, "You are lucky my lady, because I was going there and I know the whole building like the palm of my hand. Would you like to go there with me?"

"Sure ,why not?", Zoe replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mello and Near kept walking to class.
They entered the room and felt relieved that they weren't late this time.
Takada completely ignored Mello, who took a sit and distracted many girls' attentions as he was walking towards his desk.

She then took Near's hand and introduced him to the class

"May I have your attention everybody please? Good. This is Nate River and he is the first new student we have today here."

"Zoe Johnson come here please!", she demanded Zoe. The girl standed up and went to Takada's direction.

"This girl is Zoe Johnson, the second new student here. Please treat them both with respect and...MELLO!! Stop sleeping in my class!", she shouted when she saw the blonde asleep on his desk. But Mello ignored her.

She went in front of him furious and pushed him violently.

"Get out of my class now and go to Roger's office!"

"Wai..what! But I was awake! I just had a headache!"

"Fine! But make another mistake and you're out!"

"Ok", Mello sighed.

"You can both sit down now", Takada told the new students.
There was only one empty desk behind Mello, because he wouldn't let anyone sit there.
Near didn't know about that though, so while he was walking to the desk, he heard some whispers about the history of the desk.
He ignored them and sat down.

Takada started to announce something that was really important for her then.

"Today I will assign you all a task. Form teams of boy and girl right now! Your job is to find information about the least dangerous animals of the planet and write a ten small poems.You have two months to do so."

Most of the girls looked at Mello and fought over about who was going to be his partner.

Near had no idea of which girl to choose ,because he didn't know any of them.
Even though, there was a girl named Linda, who wanted to team up with him and so it happened.

Mello didn't like the fact that 90% of the girls were fighting over him, so he chose a girl who didn't: Zoe.

Matt wanted to team up with Zoe, but it was too late to suggest it.
So he choose Jane who was his old classmate instead.

When everybody else has formed teams the lesson continued with Takada reading a dramatic poem.

~~~~~~~~~~~

The days in Wammy's house passed peacefully when one day
Matt, Matsuda, Kalvin (another friend of Matt), Jane and Zoe were in Matt's room.

Matt spoke first, a big smirk drawn to his face.

"Guys, I wanted to pull a prank to Mello and the new kid Near, will you help me?"

"Depends on the prank", Kalvin said.

"I'm sure in!", Matsuda replied.

"Uhm, sure!", Jane spoke with with a smile on her face. Zoe was silent and nodded.
Ok listen. Matt continued.

*whisper* *whisper* "tommorow"... "after the last class" *whisper*

When Matt finished his genius plan everybody laughed.

When they finished laughing Zoe told her opinion.

"Are you sure about that Matt? It's mean!"

Matt gave a wide smile to the carrot-haired girl.

"Of course! We are just doing this for fun! They won't get mad. You'll see..."

|End of part 6|