Wondrous evening

The pale boy got out of the room and followed Mello silently.
'Why did he get mad? It's not like I told him something bad.'
The blonde's final destination was the cafeteria. There he bought a dozen of chocolates and started eating one nervously.

Matt, who was there from before, sat beside him and they started to chat.

"Hey Mels, where are you traveling?"

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"You seem thoughtful..."

"Nah, it's just that stupid Snow White's fault!"

Matt started a silly giggle.
"You mean Near?!"

The blonde nodded.
"Snow White=Near. Fuahahah!
You must have a really bad crush on him pal", the redhead couldn't stop laughing.

"HUH?! There's no way I would ever like the frikin' SHEEP BRAT!", Mello shouted.

Near, who heard the whole conversation from behind the cafeteria's door gasped.
He then run to the garden's direction. A pain was growing into his chest.

'What is this weird sad feeling?What's wrong with me?!'

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Calm down Mels, it was just a joke! A tiny little innocent joke!Hehehe."

"Then it wasn't funny at all...", the blond teen now growled to his friend.

"Sorry...My jokes aren't as good as they were in the good old days."

"It's ok. It's not your fault. I just lost my temper. Again", Mello apologized and bit into his chocolate bar.

"No need to worry! You are the old healthy Mello. Always neurotic!"

"Hey! Are you trying to insult me again?"

"Nope. That was just another one of my cold jokes!", Matt winked to his friend.

"Ahahaha and I'm supposed to laugh now?", Mello replied ironically.

"Exactly", Matt started making silly faces.

Mello couldn't hold the laughter.
"Ahahahah, not fair! You're using your facial expressions!"

"Yup, sounds fair to me!", the redhead replied, poking Mello's back.

"Don't fucking hit me again like that, asshole! My back hurts!"

"Jeez Mels, stop acting like an old man! It was just a poke!"

"Whatever", the blonde replied as he took another bite from his delicious chocolate bar.

~~~~~~~~~~

Roger saw the small boy sitting all alone on a bench. Looking down.
He got closer and sat beside him.

"What's the matter Nate?", he asked while trying to confront the small boy.

Near looked up to see Roger. His mind couldn't stop replaying what Mello has said...It was kind of hurtful for some reason.
"It's nothing"

Roger knew that that was obviously a lie.
"It has to be important. You don't need to tell me the reason you are sad. Just calm down, relax and feel the evening breeze of the park."

"Thank you, Roger", Near replied silently feeling slightly better than before.

"Do you like living here, Nate?"

"A lot", the boy replied while gazing at the sky...

~~~~~~~~~~

"By the way, where is Near now?", Matt asked his friend being curious about the answer.

"The last time I saw him he was in my room. Why do you ask?"

"For nothing, I'm just curious", the blonde raised an eyebrow.

"Well...actually I think I saw him running from the cafeteria's front door to the outside garden while we were talking but maybe it was just my idea...", Matt replied as he felt threatened by Mello's glare.

"YOU SAW WHAT?! NO WAY!NEAR FOLLOWED ME?!", Mello was now getting anxious.

"So what if he did...?"

The blonde didn't answer Matt's question. He sprinted fast to the direction of the gardens. Fearing that Near had heard everything. 'But why did he ran? There is only one explanation...'

He found the old headmaster and Near chatting silently while looking at the birds that were flying. He then though of an excuse to talk to the albino:
"Near, hurry up! The music class starts in ten minutes!"

The pale boy didn't even look into the blonde's face. He then replied coldly, once again.
"Fine, I'll be there"

"Come with me Near!", Mello said in a rush.

"Ahem...", Roger stared at the blond teen and spoke, feeling aggravated.
"Don't you see we have a conversation right now, Mello?"
"Oh, I'm sorry Roger ,I didn't notice. Anyway! Near don't be late!", the blonde replied and sprinted to the piano class.

He needed to apologize to the teacher for not studying piano for a month due to some broken keys but now his mind was focusing on something else...

'Jeez, that kid sure is troublesome!
Troublesome but charming in his own way', he was now running while thinking of Near, and smiling because of that thought...

|End of part 12|