Realization

The corridor was brightly illuminated by lamps, as Mello and Near walked through it; The sunset had ended, the sky was pitch black.

Some children were walking back to their dorms. Their faces all looked filled with exhaustion, a result of the usual tiring tasks they had to do. Thus, they didn't notice the two rivals entering Mello's room, so they kept moving forward in oblivion.

Near closed the door, curious about what kind of game Mello was planning on challenging him at today.

"I challenge the childish majesty of you on a chess match and whoever loses has to fulfill three of the winner's wishes", Mello announced proudly, acknowledging that it would be quite a challenge, since chess was a game Near was very good at. Mello had faith in his own luck though, so he didn't mind risking.

Immediately, a smug grin was formed in Near's face. He bet that the blonde would lose against him and his superior mental abilities. "I accept", he replied monotonously, hiding with ease the excitement he felt deep inside that moment.

The both sat comfortably in Mello's small, grey sofa. Near stared as the blond boy brought and placed the chess board in between them. The tension started filling the room just ten minutes after the inception of the game. 

Not too long after, the game had ended, Near being the obvious winner.

"Now about the three wishes. Hmm...", the white haired boy contemplated out loud, as Mello gritted his teeth, annoyed by being defeated.

"Come closer, Mello", he demanded with a subtle hint of a grin on his face. The blonde did so, still annoyed, until a pale cool hand found his face. He stared at Near, wondering why he'd ever want to caress his cheek.

Near though, wanted to humiliate Mello in the worst way possible. He wished to make him feel uncomfortable and maybe even, seduce him into stopping to emit the hate.

"My first wish is to let me play with your hair", he said. Mello couldn't say no to this. He lost. He nodded, still pissed off.

Immediately, Near started twirling his rival's hair with his fingers. It was soft, long, with a silky-like texture. Just as he expected. After a long minute of doing so, the albino announced his second wish:

"Now, let me kiss you", he cooed. Mello's face lit up. Was it because of the anger, the humiliation, the embarrassment or a combination all three?

"No way!", he shouted and took a step back. Like hell he'd let his first kiss get stolen by his rival! Disgusting!

"You lost", Near reminded him, taking a step forward, making the distance between them become minimal.

Mello hissed.

"...Or are you afraid of a little kiss?", the albino challenged.

"I am NOT!", the blonde shouted again, angrily. That was humiliation at its best. He quickly grabbed Near by his shirt's collar and smashed their lips together.

Near put his hands around the other's waist and kissed back. He observed that Mello's eyes were forcefully closed, so he started caressing his back, eventually causing the blonde to relax.

Mello deepened the kiss, putting his own hands around Near's waist as well. He would be the dominant one here! He would show him how much better than Near he was at this! He proceeded to slide his tongue in. Near complied, amused at how warm the sensation of Mello's and his mouth becoming one was.

He didn't expect Mello to go that far. He was merely playing with him, but the troublesome blonde turned the tables around to his own advantage. Now he was leading Near and Near was following, copying his moves.

Soon enough, both successors were feeling aroused and flustered. They ended up in the bed...

Sweet moans, groans and voices of pleasure filled the room. Mello had lost control and was into the moment too much for his own good. He couldn't stop thinking of how adorable and hot Near looked at the moment, him being left in only his boxers, Mello's hands being at fault and lots of visible marks on his skin. He took off his own clothes, eagerly, with shaky hands.

The albino looked at him, his face blushing from what they previously did: they made out and afterwards Mello sucked, licked and nipped the skin on his neck, chest and shoulders, leaving a lot of hickeys behind. He nodded, him having a foggy brain, his train of thoughts being temporarily destroyed.

Both their boxers were removed.

And then that's what they did, the moans became more intense and loud, but not too loud for them to get noticed by others that were looming on the outside. Sweet words of love and promises were exchanged.

After everything came to an end, they hugged, their pleasure fading sweetly. Then the silent slumber took them both.

Mello couldn't believe what they'd done the next day. He was the first who woke up, having a naked Near sleeping on his chest. He smiled.

After that day, when the younger successor's human side was revealed, he took the time to get to know Near better and Near took the time to listen to Mello and his wishes. They came closer to one another, but they still fought and challenged each other.

Mello always found himself sneaking at Near's room late at night. Sometimes to talk about his problems and insecurities, others to talk about other things he had in mind and others just to enjoy the younger's presence. Sometimes these night visits ended somewhere else: in hugs, kisses, feelings of love and safety...

Near's last wish was never uttered. He had everything he would ever want now: his dear Mello.

~The End