'Accidents'

The sounds of wooden piano tiles hit by a small hammer filled the room in the morning.

_Mello's POV_
Dream

I was running on a big village, because I had a consignment to do.
An old man told me to go by the river and grab his tools.
When I went to the big stream, to my big surprise there was a family with four children. One of them was extremely familiar. Near. They pointed their waterguns at me and got my whole brand new T-Shirt wet.
Now, for some reason I was unable to move freely.

_End_

Mello opened his eyes, still feeling the intense feeling of being wet.
Near was using him as a body pillow and was wrapped around him. His shirt was full of some kind of liquid. The blonde opened his mouth to say something to his roommate and complain but decided not to. The small boy's owly eyes were shut closed and his hair was messy in a cute way.

Mello couldn't stop thinking how cute he was until something else drew his attention. He heard that sound again.The cracking piano strings being pulled this time.

A tall blond man was fixing the musical instrument. He was wearing a black and red suit and finked on Mello when he saw that he was awaken. He then went close by the bed and whispered with a wide smile drawn into his face and tears of happiness falling from his eyes to the floor:

"Prince Mihael! For all those five years I thought you were dead!"
Mello's eyes widened and his mouth formed an O shape. He then started whispering so he wouldn't wake Near.
"Paul,don't say that again. Nobody here knows. Nobody should know! And why the hell are you here?"

Near woke up and starred at the man beside the bed, flinched and then looked at his roommate while wiping his eyes and yawning.
"And who is this, Mihael?"
"Answer my previous question first: Why are you here?!", Mello's tone was switched from mild to serious.

"I was told by lady Kathy to get here and fix your piano.She explained me everything."
"Ah...You were supposed to come and fix it yesterday!"
"Sorry, I was busy"
Mello looked at his butler, who was apologizing and was now bowing. "Fine! Just don't say it to anyone here. And stop bowing! I'm not the one I used to be..."

"Okay, I swear", the man was now looking at Near, who was now sitting on the bed. While Mello was laying back. The albino was ignoring the fact that his pants were wet.

Paul then made up a voice, you would use to talk to babies.
"And what's your name, little boy?"
Near looked at him questioningly with one finger on his mouth
"You can call me Near and who are you?"
"I used to be Mihael's-", he was then cut by Mello's trying-to-be-convincing voice, "Friend!", and signaled Paul to shut his mouth up. Paul nodded, feeling guilty about almost giving away his master's secret :"Yes,Of course! We were the bestest friends!"

Near scratched his head wondering.
"I assume that Mihael is Mello?"
"Mello?", now the blonde man wondered who was that guy with the weird name.
"Yes, Mello is my nickname Paul and Mihael is my real name Near"
"Okay, I shall be going now Pr-, Ehm I mean my dearest friend Mihael!", Paul spoke, then went to the door .
"Goodbye. See you around ,Paul buddy!", Mello kept pretending that his butler was his friend.
His last words were: "I have work to do for master. I'm already late! See you Mihael!" He then rushed and got out of the room, closing the door silently.

For some minutes awkward silence filled the boys' dorm. They were still sitting comfortably on the albino's bed.
Mello looked at Near and Near looked at Mello without saying a word. Until Mello spoke, pointing at his shirt.
"Near, how do you explain all of this?"

Near's cheeks became slightly red.
"I'm sorry, I had an accident."
The blonde raised an eyebrow and smelled his shirt. When he made 100℅ sure that that thing wasn't urine ,he smirked.
"Looks more like somebody was excited!"

The albino became even more embarrassed and dug his head into one of the bed's pillows as he laid down. Mello's smirk became bigger as he took the pillow and tossed it on the floor. He then leaned in and whispered into the small boy's ear: "Near, you are going to pay for what you did to my shirt."

The albino trembled and closed his eyes as the blonde leaned in and pecked his lips. Mello continued placing soft kisses on the scared boy's face and when he reached his neck. Near shivered...
When Mello saw another reaction of fear from his roommate he rubbed his nose into Near's nose playfully. "Why are you so scared Near?", he asked in a confronting way.

The albino's eyes became emotionless as always. All this time in Wammy's house he was being emotional, even though in his whole life, showing emotions was giving an alien feeling to him. Maybe showing how he felt was wrong.

Even though, long ago everybody told him that emotions were a weakness you should hide, he couldn't always control himself. Was this happening because of Mello?
No.Why was he even asking himself? It happened because of Mello from the start...

Mello, the boy who gave Near a warm growing feeling inside of him the first time he saw him. Mello, who took care of him and became the first friend he ever had. Mello, who remembered him now that traumatizing experience that day he ran away and the masked man's actions, which were similar to his. Mello, who was now above him, staring at his gray owly eyes with his stunning azure ones...and oh how beautiful his stare was. Could this be love?

Near was thoughtful. Maybe he should make an exception here. The blonde looked at him still expecting to hear an answer.
"Mello...I...", the albino looked away and a blush covered his sad facial expression.

"What is it,Near?", then the smaller boy's gaze focused on the blonde's face. The last thing his lips uttered left Mello speechless.

"I think that I love you"

|End of part 15|