Twisted Fate

Mello entered the doctor's room with the small boy in his hands.
"Please check him up. He probably has a fever", the blonde indicated to the doctor.

Near woke up and started wiping his eyes. The blonde put him on a small patient's bed.

The middle aged woman nodded and put a thermometer to the young boy's underarm.
After a few seconds she took it out and said:
"Oh my, you were right! He has a
temperature of 38 Celsius degrees. I will immediately give you antibiotics."
The woman searched a wooden drawer and when she found the right box she gave it to Mello.
"He has to drink it two times today. I strongly believe that it will pass until tommorow."
"Day and Night", she added.

Near looked at them while his headache was getting worse.
Mello nodded, thanked the doctor and signaled the pale boy to follow him.

When the two of them entered the room, Mello immediately grabbed a spoon full of the antibiotic and jammed it in the albino's mouth.

The pale boy jumped out of surprise and made a face that showed disgust. "Yuck!"

"I know it tastes awful Near, but you have to drink it!", the blonde said to the boy.

Near's feelings were now twisted.
"Stop acting like my mother!"
Mello's eyes widened and he stayed silent for some seconds.
The small teen continued speaking. "The doctor said that I have to take it morning and night. But now it's 3 o'clock..."

Mello was starting to figure out something about Near but objected anyway.
"Yeah but you won't be able to attempt music classes with fever!"

"Hmm, fine", the albino sighed.
'He has a point', Near thought logically this time.
He then opened the toy chest took his puzzles and started solving one while twirling his hair, having a serious facial expression.

Some minutes later the blonde couldn't help but feel ignored. The albino had avoided eye contact for a long time, so he asked him about it.
"Near, why are you avoiding me?"

'Because I can't stand the fact that you are taking care of me like you would do to your child. I'm not a baby. I'm not weak. He didn't make me weak. He didn't. I'm still strong. But in the end I can't truly understand what's happening to me. Why do I get so shy around you? Why do I feel attracted to you? That's just way too weird for me. It's wrong...', Near was thinking all those things his mind was being tortured, but he chose to keep them to himself .

He then answered in a cold tone:
"It's just your idea."
"Near stop kidding around and tell me what's wrong."
"Nothing."
"Liar", the blonde now hugged the snow white boy from behind and
looked right into his face.
"It's the third time I see you blushing", Mello said with his soft
voice. A smirk was drawn into his face.
"Mello get off me!", Near said as he struggled to free himself.

'There is no way Mello could feel that way. He is just taking care of me as a friend. Nothing more or less', the pale boy was thinking when he finally freed himself .

"Why, Near?", the blond teen said with disappointment as he got up and left the boy alone.

'Maybe I shouldn't have been so
bleak to Mello', Near though as he stood up and reached the door.

|End of Part 11|