Weird decisions

Mello is a 16 year-old boy, with long blond hair, azure eyes and a characteristic burn mark on the left side of his face from long ago.

Right now he is in his room, which he shares with his friend Matt, a red haired guy, with green eyes who is the same age as him and always wears goggles on his head.

Mello started talking to Matt casually "I just finished my criminology class with L, what about you?"

Matt had his eyes fixed on a Nintendo 3ds xl, playing Pokemon Y and didn't even bother to look up to his friend and answer.

Mello got a little angry with this behavior " Hey! Sugar Gamer Kid! I'm talking to you!", he said trying to calm his nerves down.

"I'm all ears Holly Mell Bell, I just had criminology too, we're in the same class for years, have you forgotten? Got alzheimer's?", Matt replied, casually and coldly.

"Oh, I just asked you to test if you're really dumb when you are absorbed in videogames!", The blonde replied ironically with a silly laugh.

"Now you know I'm not..."Matt said and decided to change the topic then "Hey Mel, did you hear about the new kid who was found almost frozen to death outside of the orphanage last night? He was badly hurt too. I pity the kid a little bit."

"Of course I did, everyone is talking about it. If he's alive, he should be grateful", Mello replied while eating his chocolate with pleasure.

"He is alive and getting better...Hey whatcha doing?", Matt asked with curiosity.

"Getting my piano ready of course! When you go to the next class I'm gonna play!I need silence ", he said.

"You know..." Matt pointed, "Something I have noticed is that you are always playing without letting anyone except the teacher and the music class hear you. I haven't heard you once! And we're supposed to be best friends!", Matt whined.

Mello replied getting angrier with each sentence he said "It's not my fault, it's yours because you didn't choose the music and art classes even when I tried to convince you. Instead you chose to do Dance and Photography classes, because they were 'easier' for you. You left me on my own in those classes I chose which are full of crazy fans of mine, who won't let me have a quiet morning, evening or night! I want my freedom back! I would like my best friend to be there and calm them down, 'cause I cannot do it myself They never listen to anything I say! Instead they take photographs of me, asking me for autographs and the most annoying of all: EATING MY PRECIOUS CHOCOLATE!! And that's the reason I don't bring chocolate with me when I have those classes ,even though I want to eat a sweet chocolate bar like HELL after an exhausting class!!!"

Mello finished and when he did his shouts could be heard from the room to the garden outside!
Matt, on the other hand, was kind of scared and chose not to talk until his friend calmed down.

When he finally did stop breathing heavily, Matt spoke.

"My dance class starts in 5 mins, I have to go! See ya later!". Afterwards he closed the door silently, so that Mello wouldn't swear at him with a loud voice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mello got up from the sofa, changed his leather clothes and wore his dark blue pajamas with leather pockets.

"Alright", he said full of enthusiasm when he was sitting in the big leather piano chair. He then started to play a sonata. "Ahh Mozart", he whispered because he felt like he was in heaven. He felt happy and free, calm and relaxed.

A sudden knock disturbed Mello's magic moment. 'Matt', he thought,
'what has he forgotten this time?'.
He went to open the door and of course was a little pissed to be interrupted during piano time.

He was ready to swear at Matt and tell him not to interrupt him again, but when he saw who was standing at the door all those thoughts vanished. It was none other than the headmaster, Roger.

"Good evening Roger", Mello said with respect.

"Well hello Mello, I came here to tell you that you have an important thing to do", Roger replied with a calm voice.

"What kind of thing?", the boy asked full of curiosity.

"I am glad you asked!"

"Well, where do I start, hmm?Do you know about the new boy who was found frozen outside this building last night?", Roger asked, waiting in agony for an answer.

'Why does this seem like deja vu to me? Why is that fact so important?', Mello's thoughts were traveling now.

"I'm waiting for an answer!", Roger sang the sentence.

"Oh, sorry sir I blanked out for a moment. Yes, I do know 'bout that kid. So what if I do?"

Roger took a deep breath and started to think. 'How am I going to ask him that?I think he's ready to explode.'

"Ahem", he cleared his voice, "I, the headmaster of this school asks you if you would do me the favor of watching the new boy and staying in his room until he becomes better. Of course you can use his spare bed and your piano. Also please help him make new friends and play with him. Don't forget to move your important stuff into his room. Some other teachers and I will help you move everything you need."

Mello stared at him, his mouth wide open ready to say something and disagree with all that stuff but in the end he thought 'It's the headmaster, I could be punished for the whole time I am going to stay in this orphanage. I could even be ranked below Matt, be second! I would hate that! But let me ask a question first.'

Mello said brightly "Alright, but first I want you to give me a proper answer to this question: Why did you choose me and not somebody else?"

Roger winked at Mello "Its obvious, isn't it? You are by far the greatest student in this school; You are intelligent and I figured that you would find a way to make this child feel like home in here, make some friends and forget the shock he has suffered, and, besides you are the smartest male student whose age is kind of close to his age."

Mello was flattered to hear all that from the headmaster but another question struck on his head, so he asked this: "What kind of shock has this kid gone through?"

The headmaster looked at him with a terrorized look "Both his parents were murdered in his house and he was there too, he is deeply hurt both on the outside and on the inside too.

Luckily he escaped from the murderer somehow. Don't push him into telling you how. His parents' bodies were found today by the police and the crime scene is being investigated. It's a pity. They were young people too; not even fifty years old. I don't think the little kid will be up to going to their funeral tomorrow though. So please take care of him."

Mello was touched, causing a change in his eyes. "I see", he said with a silent voice. "I will try to help him surpass that."

"Thank you Mihael Keehl", Roger spoke to Mello using his real name. He felt grateful...

|End of part 2|