Fake Reality

Images of Near whimpering and pleading filled Mello's mind while he was reading the last chapter of the poorly structured story featuring him and Near. The first time he opened the damned book, earlier today, he thought that it was his literature notebook, but it ended up being a sick story written by one of his classmates who was honestly being an unrealistic pervert.

Mello's mind raced fast in disgust. Near was the last person he would ever want to have sex with. If he were to choose between doing "it" with a frog or Near, the frog would be the obvious pick.

Unfortunately for him, his body said otherwise; The reaction it got when his mind imagined the annoying nerd doing those sort of things wasn't something that was supposed to happen. He was feeling all hot and flustered. His dominant hand had already found its place on his swelling erection.

'Damn Near and damn this book', he thought, wondering how on earth did he end up feeling aroused by the person he hated the most.

Little Near, robotic Near, seemingly perfect Near. He had to have a flaw; All humans have flaws. Even though Mello doubted that the humanity Near as a human possessed even existed, this book was making him think about it twice, no matter how out of character they were both portrayed as in it.

Mello moaned silently, for the sake of not waking up the other orphans whose dorms were near his own. He didn't have the indulgence to masturbate on a daily basis, since he usually spent his days studying as hard as he could, hoping to finally beat Near and be first for once, but he continuously failed instead.

Living in Wammy's was hard. Everyone was putting pressure on the top students, especially Roger and Wammy himself. Becoming L was every child's number one priority. They were being trained harshly; The subjects 12-14 year olds were learning there were ones college students usually learned.

But that wasn't enough of a punishment for a child. No.

They were a special case. Children were forced to abandon the person they once were and turn into someone else. Each of them was given an alliance. And all of them had a story to tell. A past. But on that case, even talking about the past was prohibited. Every single exhilaration life could offer was suddenly robbed from these children, after their parents' deaths or dereliction.

Mello was trying his hardest not to think about what he was currently doing or why he was doing it. He released into his hand and stood to go clean himself and the drops on the floor.

He got unclothed, filled the tub with scorching water, body lotion and then got in.

The time passed relatively fast when it started raining.

'1 am and I'm still awake...How typical', the blond boy thought sarcastically. He had to keep studying for a math test they would be writing tomorrow. He didn't want to admit it, but thoughts about Near's nature still plagued his mind. Thoughts like:

"How would Near really look like when in love? Would Near's grades drop dramatically if he did fall in love?"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The days kept passing relatively fast, with the genius children's routines never changing, yet. Mello got the second highest score again and Near got the first as usual.

The menacing gang the blonde had formed wanted to bully Near so badly because their boss got beaten, but they didn't. They couldn't. Last time they tried it, they all got minus ten points out of their final score. And Mello got mad at them. Very mad. He also never told them to fall that low; Mello knew that only losers bully other students, so they can seem stronger. But in truth, they are weaklings with no life and no pride. That's why Mello himself never ever dared to perform such an action.

That day though, a Saturday, was gloomy for Mello. The thoughts and what ifs surrounding Near didn't stop racing through the catacombs of his mind. It was like sweet poison. The curiosity, that's what.

He stood up from his chair, shoved the books into his backpack and followed the "champion" discreetly after the last class for the day had ended.

'Eight pm and I'm following my rival. Way to go Mello...He'll probably read you like an open book again', Mello thought bitterly, gritting his teeth.

Near stepped into his well-lit dorm after opening the old brown door. The wooden floor creaked with each step he took...Something seemed odd. He felt like he was being watched, so he turned his head around to meet the silence of the empty corridor he came from. He didn't close the door; His intuition told him not to and he wondered why. His gaze kept being glued on his 1/4-opened dorm door.

The older boy stood behind the corner of the corridor, wondering what was he even doing on this place. He couldn't stand the plentiful thoughts and questions. He wanted to have the answers fast, or else that curiosity would "eat" him whole. The good news was that he had a plan in mind to achieve that. The bad news was that he was absolutely clueless about whether Near would fall for it.

He observed that the door wasn't fully closed and took advantage of that, getting in front of it with silent steps in a matter of seconds. His hand started shaking when he realized the huge gray orbs behind the chink of the door, piercing through him. He suddenly felt that he would go through an interrogation, so he nervously reached for the chocolate bar on his back pocket.

"Is there something M wants?", a silent, stable and monotonous voice asked. Mello took a step forward, trying to hold back his urge to hit a wall. He hated being called "M" instead of Mello; It was too official. He also hated the particular tone Near's voice was usually followed by.

The blond boy's thoughts were a mess. He seemed to be forgetting what he was supposed to say.
'What was the plan again? How dare you forget. You idiot!'

"Snap" was the temporary answer Near got. That sound coming from the chocolate Mello had managed to steal from the kitchen some days ago, the one that was now being bitten by him, showing implications of anger and a slight loss of mind control.

Mello breathed slowly and deeply on his attempt to regain control. When he did, he said the first thing that came into his mind.

"Would you like to go play?"

Near's mind stopped for a split second. He wasn't expecting those particular words to be uttered. Was there a trap hidden somewhere? What was Mello hoping to achieve with that?

The albino didn't notice that his eyes were all wide until he felt the cold air hit them. He nodded, curious about what his rival was planning on doing. Mello's words sounded bizarre. It was like they didn't actually belong to him. It was like the Mello he knew has been altered.

"Then follow me"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

A/N: I am so sorry this took so long to write down :'). I had a tiny amount of free time and lacked inspiration for a looong time. School has been sucking the life out of me and it seems like it will keep doing so until the summer of 2018...

But anyway, I hope you enjoyed! This story will be continued (with turtle-ish updates until the summer, I presume)
What are your thoughts on this chapter? Feel free to leave a review in the comment section below! :3