The Real Mystery Begins!

Nate was playing the piano violently and having fun when the door suddenly opened and a furious blonde teen entered shouting.

"Stop it!! You're destroying my precious piano!!"

Mello's face was now red from anger, his left hand ready to punch the kid in the face. But then he remembered Roger's words in a summary.

'He lost his family, protect and watch him, he had experienced a trauma...'

'I must calm down. I don't want this sheep brat to get injured. I 'll be punished if I do that', he thought at the same time that the other boy gasped.

Nate saw the older teen furious and thought carerully.

'This piano must be very important to him to act this way. I have to apologize. One wrong move and I might get hurt...'

Nate's eyes widened as he looked up to Mello with a made-up puppy face full of guilt.

"I'm really sorry about the things that I did to your piano.
I didn't know it was yours or that it meant so much to you."

When Mello saw that face, he thought as well:
'He's definitely doing the puppy face on purpose ,to get me to accept his apology. A well made trap I 'd say. Even though, I have to forgive him anyway.'

"Alright sheep brat, I 'll let you get away with this only for this time but never EVER touch my piano again without asking me first!", Mello's reply was loud.

"Thanks Mello, I won't. Never again", he ensured the blonde boy.

"Wait", Mello's face was full of a surprised expression.

"How do you even know my name?"

Nate stared at the other boy with a stormy look into his eyes.

"Roger told me."

Mello was thinking about how stupid he seemed just now.

'Of course. Roger. Who else could have told him?'

The blonde boy returned his gaze at the albino.

"What's your name sheep-face?"

Nate felt a weird sadness fill him when Mello called him a 'sheep' again. What a strange feeling. Though he didn't show any emotion to the other boy.
He just answered his question with a monotonous tone in his voice.

"My name is Nate."

Mello's mind became even more confused. He expected a 'nice to meet you' from the other boy at least.

'What a strange, antisocial kid you are, Nate', he thought to himself.

Afterwards, awkward silence filled the room for some seconds that seemed like a century to Nate.

'Did I say something wrong? Why is he thoughtful?', Nate thought as he touched Mello's shoulder, poking him slightly. It all happened without the albino noticing.

"Hey!", Mello snapped hitting Nate's hand away.

"What the hell do you think you're doing? You dare poke me after you nearly broke my precious piano?!"

Nate jumped out of surprise. He wasn't expecting such a rough behavior to belong to Mello.

Mello was now examining the piano and started playing all the notes from the start to check if any key was broken.

'Do, R-re, Mi, Fa, Tak!, LA, Si, Do.'

"Grr", Mello growled,"You broke the Sol key. Now It needs to be repaired. And you nearly broke the Re key too!"