Chapter 40

I love seeing Draco uncomfortable. He's stiff as a board standing in front of the crowded bar. I gesture for him to start singing but he just stares blankly at me.

I encourage him by starting the song myself and slowly he starts to join in.

We did an awful rendition of Wonderwall by Oasis.

https://youtu.be/9DvRCykzHy4
(lyric music video link)

Not much actual singing took place, lots of laughter instead. I could tell Draco was extremely glad when the song finished.

"See that wasn't so bad!" I say to him.

"Are you kidding?" He laughs. "It was terrible; I refuse to ever get up there again."

"Well that's ok Draco, it's not for everyone. I'm just glad you tried something new with me."

After a few pints we somehow found ourselves joining a group of muggles at their table. Draco seems to have forgotten his pure blood status and is enjoying a game of 'Never have I ever'.

A Swedish backpacker by the name of Stella takes her turn, "Never have I ever... skinny dipped!" She takes a swig from her drink meaning she actually had.

Surprisingly most people take a drink to that one, however Draco and I don't.  He lightly nudges me in the ribs, "Maybe we should try that one."

I just laugh at him.

"Alright who's next?" She giggles.

"I'll go." Pipes up the guy across from her. "Never have I ever been to another country."

I take a drink, with a few other people around the table.

"My turn," the blonde girl next to him states. "Never have I ever been in love."

I take another sip, noticing Draco sits still.

We play on until the early hours of the morning. Draco seems to form a bond with a British University student named Brent next to him. I hear them talking about books, travel and even music. Draco has no clue what bands Brent's talking about but takes interest anyway.

After the bar we decided to scope out the neighbourhood, realising that we are not ready to return to reality at Malfoy Manor just yet.

Its cold outside and there is a fresh layer of snow on the ground. I'm not really used to this kind of low temperature. We barely get Winter where I lived. I'm thankful for all the alcohol I had consumed earlier as its keeping me at least slightly warmer than I imagine I would be otherwise. But the freezing cold is starting to sober us up fast, I can see my own breath and I start to shiver.

Without saying a word Draco puts his large coat over my shoulders.

"Thank you." I say. "Won't you be cold though?"

"Don't worry about me Jess." He smirks trying to act tough. "So where to next?"

"Well I was thinking that I would really like to go on the London Eye?" I ask for his approval.

He nods, "We can go anywhere you want."

We apparate into the very top carriage of the giant wheel, it had been shut down for the night hours ago. We were all alone standing above London with a view to die for.

I slowly make my way around the whole carriage to fully take in all the sights of the city.

"This is even better than I thought it would be Draco." I say.

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself."

I turn back to face him, "Have you had fun tonight Draco?"

"Actually yeah, a lot more than I thought I would."

"Did you maybe learn anything?" I ask coyly, trying not sound like someone's mother.

"Like what?" He raises his eyebrows at me.

"Well, like perhaps muggles aren't as bad as you thought they were." I state. "You had fun tonight, you met new people, you enjoyed their company, smiled with them, laughed with them. And they were all muggles."

I can tell he doesn't want to admit it but he nods slightly.

I look up at him, "I'm glad I was able to share tonight with you." I lean up to kiss his cheek.

His expression changes, dare I say I just made Draco Malfoy blush?

He smiles at me and steps closer.

I can feel his breath as my heart starts to pound. His blue grey eyes flicker from my eyes to my lips. I know he wants to kiss me and I find myself wanting him to.

He reaches out to grab my waist and pulls me into him closing the space between us. His touch makes my entire body tingle. My hands rest against his chest as he runs his hand through my hair grasping the back of my head guiding it closer to his.

I close my eyes and let his lips touch mine. I've never been kissed with such passion before. I wrap my hands around his shoulders to hold myself up.

He pulls me in even tighter, making my legs tremble.

Even though our bodies are firmly pressed up against each other it feels like I can't get close enough to him. I never expected things to get this far or to ever feel this kind of heat again.

Kissing Draco Malfoy feels insatiable, like I'll never get enough and I never want it to end.