Chapter 10 - Hungover

I woke up the next morning with a pounding headache. I slowly propped myself up and looked around my room, Hermione and Ginny must already be up. 

I get dressed and make sure to cover my under eyes with a layer of concealer to hide the fact that I had been out with Draco all night. 

What was I thinking? What had possessed me to believe hanging out with him would ever be a good idea. The alcohol I suppose. It didn't matter anyhow, it will never happen again. 

I make my way downstairs. Poor Seamus is still on the sofa, leaning over a bucket feeling sorry for himself. I guess the rum didn't agree with him. 

"There she is!" Fred says. 

"My Party Princess." George bows, grabs my hand and twirls me around. 

"Have some pancakes love." Fred hands me a plate. 

"We decided to conjure breakfast, so this lot wouldn't have to drag themselves to the Great Hall." George refers to the clearly hung-over students sitting near by. 

At the mention of the Great Hall my mind flashes back to my time spent with Draco. I don't know why it bothers me so much. 

I sat down between the twins and picked at my food. "Have either of you seen Ginny this morning?" I asked.

"She left with Dean Thomas earlier. They made their relationship official this morning so they're spending the day together." George says looking unimpressed that his little sister is dating someone. 

I would need to speak to her later to sort out what happened last night. 

I finished off my pancakes and thanked the twins. 

"Don’t mention it." Fred smiles. 

"Anything for you love." George adds. 

I can't help but smile when I'm around them. 

"Well I think its time for us to disappear." George stands. 

Fred rises next to him, "I think you're right Georgie." 

"Do you guys have to leave?" I pout at them.

"Don't worry Kitten, we'll see you soon." Fred winks. 

"Come visit our new joke shop in Hogsmead." George says. 

"We'll even give you a special discount." They say together. 

"Just don’t tell Ron, he pays full price." George gives me a cheeky smile as I let out a small laugh. 

They lean down on opposite sides of my face and kiss my cheeks simultaneously. I couldn't be more please to have their friendship. 

They say their goodbyes to everyone and leave the common room pounding their fists into the air like rock stars. 

I spent the day in the common room with Hermione. She studied while I did anything but. Every time I tried to concentrate on my books I would think about last night. About how I may have hurt Harry's feelings by rejecting him. About Ginny being mad at me for no good reason. And about my secret afterparty in the Great Hall with Draco. Thinking of him made me so mad. 

"So I heard what happened  last night." Hermione casually chatted.

"What?" How does she know about Draco...

"With Harry? This kiss." She says. Oh that's what she meant. 

 "I feel so terrible about it." I say.

"Don't. Harry understands." She said, "Oh look here he comes now." 

I look over at him and give him a warm smile, "Hi Harry." 

"Hey Jesinta, Hey Hermione." He sits down next to me on the couch.

"I think I'll go for a walk" Hermione excuses herself clearly so Harry and I can talk. She closes her books and leaves us to it.

"So um. How has your day been Jesinta?" Could this be any more awkward? 

"Fine, just doing a bit of studying." I reply. 

"That’s good... I ah, I just wanted to apologise for last night." 

"Harry you really don't need to apologise." I say. 

"Can we just forget that it ever happened?" 

"Sure." I smile at him. 

"Good." He breathed a sigh of relief and I give him a friendly hug. 

*         *         *

Dinner time rolled around and I sat at the Gryffindor table, with Harry, Ron and Hermione. Ron was stuffing his face like usual, Hermione had her head stuck in a book and things between me and Harry seemed like they were back to normal.

My eyes wonder over to the Slytherin table. Draco see's me and throws me a nasty glare. I can't believe how shallow he is! I was actually starting to like him, up until his pureblood tantrum that is.

We were having fun before then, talking, laughing, just enjoying each others company. And then there was that moment between us. That moment where I swear he almost kissed me.   

I bet he would have acted like that with any girl, last night it just so happened to be me he stumbled upon. It makes sense, he’s 16 its not hard to imagine what’s going through his head around the opposite sex. 

Pansy Parkinson joins him at the table now. I watch as she drapes herself all over him and he laps up the attention. There, my hypothesis has been proven. I can't stand him.