Chapter 42

"Good morning." I said as I yawned and turned to face Draco.

It was Christmas morning and I was to spend the day at Malfoy Manor. I half giggled to myself, 'Oh if only Hermione knew' I thought.

Draco sleepily opened his eyes just enough to see me, he leant over and kissed my lips before nodding off again.

"Draco." I whispered gently waking him again. I didn't want to start the day alone.

"Good morning beautiful." He yawned and slowly started to sit up. "Merry Christmas." He said.

"Merry Christmas Draco." I smiled.

He kisses me again, longer this time. I happily let him take control of this moment and lay back as he lowers himself onto me. I wrap my arms around him as his kisses become harder and deeper. He grabs my hair and pulls gently, manipulating the movements of my head.

His body pressed firmly against mine begins to pulsate and move back and forth. I can feel how excited he is.

I pull away slightly even though I don't want to stop how good it feels to be this intimate with him.

"Draco." I whisper as he kisses my neck, sending tingles down my spine.

"Yes darling?"

He'd never called me that before, I liked the way it sounded coming from him.

"You know I don't want to rush into things. I think we should cool down for a moment."

He kisses my shoulder, "Of course." He said, depleted but trying not to show it.

He lays back down and scoops me into his arms holding me tight for a couple of minutes.

"Wait here." He says quite suddenly while finally climbing out of bed.

"What for?"

"You'll see." He beams.

While he was out of the room I took the opportunity to rummage through my trunk to find his Christmas gift.

When he gets back I'm sitting eagerly on the edge of the bed, present in hand.

He pokes just his head around the door, "Close your eyes, ok?"

"Alright." I said suspiciously.

I hear his footsteps come towards me and he tells me to open my eyes.

"Oh wow!" I'm shocked to see Draco standing in front of me holding a gorgeous, white French bulldog puppy. "Oh my God Draco! Is he mine!?"

"Yes, I wanted your shooting star wish to come true."

I think back to the night we spent under the stars of the Great Hall at Hogwarts.

"Draco that's so thoughtful!"

I reach up to cuddle the French bulldog immediately. I've never had a pet of my own before but I have always loved dogs.

The puppy lets me snuggle into him for only a couple of seconds before jumping onto the bed wanting to play.

I get so completely wrapped up in playing with him that I almost forget to give Draco his present.

"Oh Draco, I got you something too." I pass him the gift.

He takes the gift, "Thank you." He says with another quick kiss.

He opens the box to find a silver apparition arm cuff. It's used to teleport witches and wizards without having to apparate themselves. It's also undetectable, so it could be used within the school grounds. Engraved in the silver was a serpent and Draco's initials.

"Thanks so much Jess, this is amazing. I'll be able to sneak into your dorm" He winks at me.

Draco's POV

I smile at her and sit down on the bed next to her. "Thanks for the cuff." I kiss her. "And thank you for coming home with me. You don't know how much you mean to me."

And she really didn't know... She didn't know what I had initially needed her for. She didn't know what the Dark Lord had planned for her. She didn't know what she was about to become... A Death Eater, just like me.

Worst of all, she didn't know how much I love her.

I love her.