Chapter 29 - Betrayal

Ginny and Harry are tightly embracing each other right before my very eyes! 

Her hands running through his messy black hair and his holding her around her waist. Then they break apart simply to look into each others eyes. A look that Harry has never given me. A look that says it all. No words needed. 

Its clear to me that Harry now returns Ginny's feelings that I've known about all along. 

I step back around the corner before they can realise I'm here. 

I'm hurt. I'm confused. I'm angry. 

And yet somehow, I'm relieved. 

Relieved that I wasn't the only one kissing someone else today. Granted mine was a potion and it seems as though his is just pure betrayal. 

How could he do this to me? How come he didn't just break up with me before giving in to his feelings for Ginny? What kind of a man does this? 

I peek back around the corner, hoping what I saw wasn't real. 

But there they are, she's smiling at him and blushing madly. He's holding her hand, whispering something into her ear. 

Its undeniable. 

I slowly make my way back to the common room and slump down in an armchair by the window. It's pretty late now and most people have gone up to their dorms. 

I've never been in this situation before. Its hard to get my feelings back in check. Part of me wants to aim my wand at his head and give him a second scar. That same part of me also wants to pull out Ginny's ginger hair leaving her unrecognisable as a Weasley. 

But then another side me feels like... well, like I just don't care. Like I'm not deeply enough invested in him to feel any real pain over losing him. Hell, just hours ago I was ready to end the relationship anyway. 

I wait up alone for what seems like forever until finally Ginny comes through the portrait hole, by herself. She nervously waves to me and heads straight upstairs without a word. 

I continue to wait around for Harry and about an hour passes before I hear him stumble through the entrance. 

The common room is dark now and he doesn't see me at first. 

"Harry." I say. 

He looks over in my direction. 

"Oh, Jesinta?" He answers and walks towards me. 

"Where were you?" I ask knowing the answer but giving him a chance to come clean. 

"Dumbledore needed me for something." He says. 

"Oh really? Get up to anything else tonight?" 

"Not really." He answers glumly. 

"Right." 

"Sorry I didn't meet you for dinner, I got caught up."  He adds.

"With what?" 

"Uh, Ginny was upset. I had to console her." He says nervously. 

"Console? Right." I sternly look away from him.

"What's wrong?" He sits on the chair beside me. 

"What do you think?" I say sarcastically. 

He remains silent. 

"I saw you." I pause, "I saw you and Ginny." 

"Saw what exactly?" 

"You know what!  I saw you kissing her." I raise my voice.

His expression drops, "I'm so sorry Jesinta. I didn't mean for anything to happen, its just..." 

"Just what? You just couldn't help yourself? You just forgot about me? In case you don't remember, I'm your girlfriend. Or at least I was." I get up to leave. 

Harry stands to follow me, "Please don't be mad at me Jesinta. I'm so sorry you found out like this. I didn't want to hurt you" 

I turn abruptly to face him, "Maybe you should have thought about that before you stuck your tongue down her throat." 

I stare angrily at him in the silence. Thinking over our short lived relationship. Remembering how our friendship slowly grew into something more. I enjoyed being around him and flirting with him. But I've come to realise that's all there was to it. 

Kissing him never felt right. 

Even though my feelings for Harry have dissolved lately that didn't mean I would let him get away with cheating on me. 

"I'm so sorry Jesinta." He repeats breaking the silence. 

"Whatever, I'm going to bed." I start up the staircase but Harry immediately yells out to me. 

"Please wait! Can we talk about this?"

I turn to face him one last time, "There's nothing more to talk about. We're over." 

What do you guys think of the story so far?? Let me know by commenting :)