Chapter 7 - Common Room Party

The evening had come and I was in my dorm with Hermione getting ready for the common room party to celebrate this years new Quidditch team.

The party would never have been approved by McGonagall so a couple of the 7th years put a sound proofing charm on the tower so we could blast music as loud as we want and get slightly hammered.

Seamus Finnigan had finally mastered how to turn water into rum (apparently he'd been trying it since his first year) and I'd snuck a couple of bottles of vodka in with me when I first arrived. 

Hermione didn't approve of this of course, but she agreed to at least give the party a chance instead of staying in our room by herself all night.

I decided to keep it simple and wear my black flowing mini dress and extra high heels. I look at myself in the mirror. Maybe too much black? I throw on a purple cropped cardigan to level it out. 

I take out my flask, take a swig and tuck in into the top of my tan thigh high stockings for safe keeping. 

The party was already raging when we got downstairs. To my surprise Ginny was cosying up to Dean Thomas while Ron was being carried around on peoples shoulders. I scan the room and see Harry talking to a pair of twins in the corner. Harry sees me and signals me to come over.

"Jesinta," a large smile spread across his face. "These are Ron’s brothers Fred and George."

I shake their hands. 

"Its nice to meet you Jesinta." They both say in unison.

"Its nice to meet you both as well." There smiles were infectious. "I'm sorry but I didn't realise Ron had more family at Hogwarts. Ginny mentioned it was just the two of them now?" 

"Right you are love." Fred states.

"We're not meant to be here." George adds with a guilty sideways glance. 

"But no way were we going to miss this party." Again in unison with big smiles on their faces. 

I spent the next half hour with Fred and George. They were truly the life of the party, everyone was glad to see them and eager to catch up with them. I left in search of Hermione. It wasn't too hard to spot her I just had to find the girl alone reading. This really wasn't her kind of scene. 

"Hermione!" I yelled in excitement, I had barely touched my flask but the party atmosphere had me feeling slightly tipsy already. "Come on," I hold my hand out to her, "Put the book down and come dance with me!"  

"Oh I don't know." I could see she wanted to. 

"We'll have fun, I promise." 

"Ok." She was eagerly smiling. 

And for what seemed like forever, we danced the night away to fast paced rock anthems. With each other, with Harry, with Ron, the twins and even a few different boys I hadn't officially met got their chance to dance with us. 

“Anyone up for Fire Whisky shots?” Fred yells as George offers me one and I toss it down my throat. 

It was nearing 1am and the crowd had dropped off a bit. Poor Seamus had passed out on the sofa and most of the girls had taken their heels off. The vodka was getting to me and made me warm so I took off my cardigan. 

I'd been talking with Ginny for almost an about her hook up with Dean when Harry asked me to dance with him again. This was different then before though. The only songs being played were slow and the only people dancing were romantic couples. I wasn't sure what he was thinking. Did he like me? 

He twirled me around the floor and held me close. I dangled my hands around his neck as he placed his on the small of my back. I let my head rest on his shoulder for just a moment before he leaned back to look into my eyes. 

And before I knew it Harry Potter was kissing me...