Chapter 41

I wake up around mid-morning the next day to the delightful surprise of no hangover. I let my eyes adjust to my surroundings. I am in Draco's room, comfortable and warm in his bed. I hadn't bothered to change into my pyjamas after getting in last night, instead I'm wearing one of Draco's shirts.

I roll over expecting to see him but I find myself alone.

I think back to last night. Possibly the most amazing night of my life to date. We spent what felt like hours in the top carriage of the London Eye. I felt so close to him, so comfortable. Every time we kissed I felt a bolt of electricity run through my entire body.

I can't believe I have finally succumbed to my feelings for Draco. I know that this comes with risk, that Draco is affiliated with all the wrong people. That everyone I know, with the exception of Luna, would tell me to stay away from him.

He seems dangerous, but to be honest I've never felt so safe.

When he holds me it's like the rest of the world disappears. It feels like a force field around us that no one could ever penetrate.

This decision I've made to involve him in my life, to spend the holidays with him and to finally be with him is my own. No one can tell me not to follow my heart.

When we finally got back to the Manor last night I wasn't ready to leave Draco's side. We spent the rest of the night asleep in each other's arms. It's hard to find that kind of intimacy with someone where you can share a bed and not be entirely physical with each other yet.

It had taken months for me and Draco to finally get to this point, but I don't want to rush things and he understands that.

Only a few more minutes past before I hear a small ruckus outside the door.

"Shit!" Draco mummers. It sounds like a miniature thunderstorm, lots clashing and clanging.

A second later the door opens and in walks Draco with a large silver tray full of food. "Oh, sorry did I wake you? I was trying to be quiet... I just kept spilling things..." He looks so unsure of himself. "I usually have the House Elves handle breakfast."

"It's ok Draco, I was already awake." I see his stiff facial expression ease.

He walks over to the bed and places the tray on the side table next to me. He leans down and kisses me while he perches on the side of the bed.

"Are you hungry? I made bacon and eggs and pancakes." He says.

"You made this? As in cooked it yourself." I ask surprised.

"Yeah... sorry it's a bit burnt." He looks down at the bacon. "I'd be happy to have the house elves fix it up for us. I just remember last night before we fell asleep you mentioned that sometimes you think using magic all the time takes the genuine thought out of things."

"You knew that I would appreciate the effort you went to for me." I smile at him. "And I really do. Thank you so much Draco." I kiss him again.

We eat the breakfast he has prepared together and spend the rest of the day lazing around the mansion.

     *        *        *

The week moves quite quickly, we didn't get up to too much. I guess you could say we were in the honeymoon stage of our relationship. Where everything is new and exciting. Just being in the same room as each is as much entertainment as we need.

When we weren't hanging out around the manor we were out shopping, or at restaurants and even visited the elite wizarding country club a couple of times. That wasn't really my kind of thing though, a lot of snooty purebloods trying to throw their weight around.

I'd come to know Draco's mother Narcissa quite well too, she had insisted that I go dress shopping with her. It was definitely clear to her by now that I was Draco's girlfriend and to my surprise she seemed very pleased about it.

"You know Draco has never brought a girl home before." She had told me. "So he must really like you a lot dear."

"Well that's good to know." I said "He's quite incredible." I don't really know what else to say, but boasting about her son seems like the right way to go.

"Please feel free to come back and stay with us anytime you would like dear, its lovely having another person pottering around the Manor. It's been awfully lonely since Lucius was taken away."

"I'm sorry about that, I hope he is freed soon Narcissa." My best attempt at comforting her.

"I hope so to, this certainly isn't the life I signed up for. A lonely, ageing woman waiting around in hopes that her husband will be able to come home, isn't much of a life at all." She paused and I saw her eyes water. She sighed, "And soon you and Draco will be back at Hogwarts again. I suppose I still have the House Elves..."

I felt bad for the woman, her life seemed empty. The only happiness she seemed to have at the moment was that Draco was home. And unfortunately for her that wasn't going to last much longer.

Its Christmas Eve and the three of us are seated around the fire place drinking tea and watching the snow fall outside through the large floor to ceiling window. This is a much nicer way to spend my Christmas, rather than staying at Hogwarts in my dorm all alone.

The night goes quickly as Narcissa had insisted on showing me her perfectly placed photo albums much to Draco's embarrassment.

It was interesting to see the way Draco had grown up, the photos show him as a spoiled brat to be honest. He pleads with his mother to put the albums away but she seems to be having too much fun.

I look over at him in comparison, the spoilt, bratty boy in the moving pictures has started to grown into this mature young man I've come to love. I can't help but smile at him.