Chapter 16 - Hogsmeade

The rest of the school week passes and before I know it, its Saturday and I'm getting off the train at Hogsmeade with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Dean. 

"Wow, this is great!" I say looking at the wizarding town for the first time. 

"You're going to the love it Jesinta." Ginny smiles at me. "Lets go visit Fred and George first?" 

"Sounds good." I nodd.

We all walk off through the streets until we reach a narrow two story building on the corner. It was bright, colourful and full of excitement! Above the doorway a sign reads 'Weasley Wizard Wheezes'. We head inside the twins store and we're immediately greeted by Fred... or maybe it was George? 

"Welcome my good sirs and ladies." He says spreading his arms apart to show off the store. "What do you think?" 

"Its brilliant." Ron says. 

"Isn't this dangerous?" Ginny says pointing to a display of Bombtastic Bombs. 

"They're disastrous delights! Where's the fun without a bit of risk?" 

I smile at that, a quote that I live by. 

"Well everyone help yourselves to have a look around, Fred's at the counter if you want to buy anything." We look over George's shoulder and Fred gives us a wave while putting through a sale for a Hufflepuff girl. 

Everyone starts off and George turns to me. "Come on party princess I'll give you the grand tour." 

He shows me almost everything and even gives a few demos. There’s Chinese Fortune Sticks, Extendable Ears, Skiving Snackboxes, Fainting Fancies, Pygmy Puffs and even Boxing Telescopes!

"You and Fred are bloody geniuses to start up this store, how did you ever get so many ideas?" I say. 

"We live to prank and now we prank to live." 

I smile up at him. 

"Anyway do you want to go grab something to drink? Fred can handle it here without me for a while." George says. 

"Sure, where's good around here?" 

"Lets head over to The Three Broomsticks." 

We walk across the street, head inside and find a table near the back. 

"Wait here I'll go get us some Butterbeer." George says. 

He leaves me at walks up to the counter just as Draco walks by me with his friends and sits down a few tables away. He glances at me quickly but we both completely ignore each other. 

We sort of have a silent pact not to be nice to one another around other people. I didn't want anyone to start talking about us or have it blown out of proportion like it did with Hermione. I saw the reaction the class had when me and Draco got in trouble for having the flask. So instead of causing any gossip we both continue our insulting banter in classes but chat casually when no one else is around. 

George comes back and places a butterbeer in front of me.

"Thank you." I say to him. 

George notices me glancing over at Draco and turns to see what I'm looking at. 

"Oh, those guys are here." George says, "They haven't been giving you a hard time have they?" 

I look back at George. "No." 

"Good, they can be real twits sometimes. Steer clear of them Jesinta, especially Malfoy." He says. 

"Everyone keeps telling me that, what’s so bad about him?" 

"His attitude, his values and his affiliation with he who must not be named." 

"Voldermort?" I gasp. 

"Yeah our father's know each other and his family is believed to be on the dark side, along with him." 

I'd been reading the Daily Profit so I knew a little bit about Voldermort and his followers. "Death Eaters?" I ask.

"Who knows if they are or not." George takes a gulp of his butterbeer. 

"I didn't realise anyone at Hogwarts could be apart of all that." I say. 

"Unfortunately there’s no telling what people are capable of." 

*         *         *

The rest of the afternoon I spent with Ginny and Hermione, we got hyped on sweets at Honeydukes went shopping at Gladrags Wizadwear and brought some new school supplies from Scrivenshaft's Quill Shop. Then met up with the boys and headed back to Hogwarts.