Chapter 8 - Sneaking around

I slowly pull away hoping no one around us noticed. I move my hands so they are lightly resting against his chest stopping him from getting closer to me. "Harry, that’s just the alcohol talking." I say.

"No Jesinta," his voice was small but strong. "I've been wanting to do that all week. I like you." he smiled.

I look down at the floor thinking of something to say.

He paused a look of devastation gaining on his face. "I thought you liked me too." He lookes down as my arms drop to my sides.

"Harry." I look up at him, his green eyes fixated on me. "I don't think getting involved with each other right now is a good idea." 

He was silent.

"I've only been at Hogwarts for a week. I don't want to jump into anything serious while I'm still trying to find my feet here." Silence. "I'm sorry Harry, I just don't think its a good idea." 

"I understand." He manages to give me a half smile. Fake of course. 

"I love spending time with you, I hope this doesn't change anything." I say. 

He nodded. 

"Just dance with me Harry." I embrace him again and we sway together until the end of the song. 

        *         *         * 

"How could you!?" Ginny screamed at me when I entered our dorm. The party was over. 

"What?" I'm puzzled. 

"Are you with Harry now?" 

"No." I answer confused at her reaction. 

"Sure didn't look that way!" She had obviously seen us kissing. She stormed past me towards the now empty common room and I hear her exit through the fat lady. 

I stand stunned for a moment taking in what had just happened, then start off after her. I can't imagine which way she would have gone or where she was headed so I just walked around hoping to find her. 

“Lumos.” A light appears out the end of my wand. 

It was dark and very late, if anyone was to find me or Ginny we would surely be in trouble. 

I take my time to look around each corner and soon find myself in an unfamiliar part of the castle. I think I was near the Dungeon. I start off in a different direction but hear footsteps and jump frozen against the closest wall. 

A familiar figure turns the corner, his white blonde hair visible in the darkness. Even when sneaking around at night he used his signature strut. 

"Oh Draco, its just you." I whisper and use ‘Lumos’ once more. 

He walks towards me. 

“Well well well.” he looks me up and down. “Looks like someone’s got a rebel side after all.” he gives me a devilish smile. “Dress up for me did you?” he says referring to my toutfit. 

“I’m just looking for someone.” I say. 

“Near the dungeons? I don’t think any of your pathetic Gryffindor friends would be hanging out near here.” he sneered. 

“I may have wondered a bit far.” I admit. “Anyway what are you doing out of bed?” 

“I had some business to take care of.” he says coldly. “Then I saw you on my map.” 

“You saw me?”

“Yeah.” he takes some parchment out of his hoody pocket and taps it with his wand. “I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.” And a map of the castle appears. It showed where everyone was at the current time. 

“Wow, where’d you get that?” I ask. 

“Stole it from Potter of course.” He snickered. 

“You stole it?” I raised an eyebrow. 

“Oh don’t look so surprised.” 

I move closer to him to look at the map, “Could you help me find Ginny Weasley? She’s the one I came looking for.” 

“The Weasley girl. Why were you looking for her? Pathetic excuse for a pure blood if you ask me.” He scowled. 

“Well I didn’t ask for your opinion Draco. I just need to make sure she’s ok.” 

He pointed, “There she is, safe in the Gryffindor dorms like the goody goody she is.” 

“Oh thank goodness.”

He continues looking at the map, "Shit, Filch is headed this way!" He grabs my hand and leads me around the castle until we finally stop in front of the Great Hall. "In here." He instructs and pushes the door open for me. 

The enchanted night sky ceiling with floating candles immediately lit up as we entered. Draco takes one last look at his map and puts it away. 

"He’s gone. We won't be bothered in here." He states. 

I let out a sigh of relief and pull myself up to sit on the end of the forth table. 

"You know that’s the Slytherin table" He says. 

"So?" 

"You're drawn to it." He smirks. 

"Whatever." I cross my left leg over the other. 

“What’s that?” Draco says pointing to my leg and joining me on the table. 

“Oh, my flask. We had a bit of a party tonight.” I explain

“Looks like you’re the only Gryffindor who knows how to truly party, still going at 2.30am.” 

“Well why not make the most of it.” I take a swig from my flask and offer it to Draco. 

He gladly accepts it and has two long drinks as I watched amazed at his tolerance for vodka.

“What? I need to catch up to you.” He grinned and went for a third drink, then tucked the flask back into my thigh highs using it as an excuse to touch my leg. His hand is gentle and his touch sends electricity through my entire body. He couldn’t possibly be having this effect on me, he’s Draco Malfoy for Gods Sake! I can’t stand the guy!