Chapter 19 - You're Different

The next day as me and Harry leave the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom I spot Draco. He's talking to Neville and Luna, Harry notices too and makes his way over towards them. 

"You know what I think the Gryffindor Quidditch team is made out of? All people who others feel sorry for. There’s Potter who's got no parents, then there’s Weasley who's got no money - you should be on the team Longbottom, you've got no brains." 

"Just leave Malfoy." Neville says, but Draco showed no sign of relenting. 

"That’s enough Malfoy!" Harry says taking a stand next to Neville. 

"Wasn't talking to you Potter." Draco sneered. 

Harry glares at him. 

Draco steps closer with his minions Crabbe and Goyle in toe and stands inches away from Harry’s face using his height as a intimidation tactic. 

"Offend you did I, Potter? Its not my fault you don't have parents. Or any family that cares about you for that matter." 

"You better watch what you say Malfoy." Harry says.  

"Or what? You and Longbottom are gonna fight me?" He laughs at his own remark and his minions are quick to chuckle along with him. 

"Just ignore him." I say. 

Harry turned away from Malfoy and to face me. 

"Yeah I've got better things to do than listen to him. Speaking of, I'm going to be late for Herbology. Are you ok to get to you're next class?" 

"Of course, I'm not exactly new here anymore." I say. 

"Right." He smiles at me and goes off on his way to his next class. 

I turn my attention back to where Draco was standing, he catches my gaze and tells his friends to beat it. 

I walk over to him as he leans against the corridor wall with his hands in his pockets. 

"You don't have to be so mean Draco." I say. 

"What are you talking about, you know this is how I am." He nods to a fellow Slytherin passing by pretending to ignore me. 

"Bringing up Harry's parents takes it a bit far." 

"Potter's a prat."  

"He's my friend Draco." 

"I don't care. You think just because we sometimes hang out I'm going to start being nice to him. I don't do nice. Everyone knows that."

"Well that’s a lie." I say raising my eyebrows. 

"What?" He asks annoyed. 

"You can be nice, I've seen it." 

"That's different." 

"Why?" I ask. 

"Because you're different." 

I go to ask him what he meant by that but Zabini walks over to us. 

"What are you doing with a Gryffindor?" He says looking me over. 

"Nothing she was just leaving." Draco says in a bored tone. 

I know this is my queue to disappear so I turn to leave without so much as a goodbye. 

I hated how Draco acted around his friends. And around my friends. We'll pretty much around anyone. As much as his attitude irritated me it also drew me in... why must I always find myself secretly lusting over the bad boy type. 

And as sweet as he could be at times I still knew he was trouble and I wasn't going to let myself continue to fall for him. I push my thoughts away as I walk into my next class. 

I hope anyone reading this is enjoying it so far! Feel free to comment, I'd love to know what you think! Throw me a vote if you like the story and follow me, I'll follow back :)